Saturn Moon PROMETHEUS looks artificial in origin

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ralphsilverman

check URL<br /><br /><br />/* too-wide link deleted */<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

R

ralphsilverman

check url <br /><br />/* too long url deleted */<br /><br />Duplicate thread anyway -- go to SETI forum.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

L

Leovinus

Here's the pic: <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

dgm1

That is one cool pic. Wow. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

astrophoto

Where did that pic come from? What's the frame of reference?

T

telfrow

And what makes you think it "looks artificial in origin?" <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <strong><font color="#3366ff">Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yeild.</font> - <font color="#3366ff"><em>Tennyson</em></font></strong> </div>

A

astrophoto

I don't think it looks artificial ... it just looks very cool. I didnt post the pic, so I want to know where it came from.

T

telfrow

Sorry, that wasn't directed at you...it was a question for the original poster, <font color="yellow">ralphsilverman</font> I just replied to the last post.<br /><br />It is a very cool picture though.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <strong><font color="#3366ff">Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yeild.</font> - <font color="#3366ff"><em>Tennyson</em></font></strong> </div>

L

Leovinus

Actually, he got it from an SDC article. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

P

pocket_rocket

This is the 2nd thread you've used the "artificial" term.<br />Did we learn a new word today?

J

jmilsom

Must be one of Peter F. Hamilton's bitek habitats! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

L

Leovinus

I think it looks like the "Land of the Giants" spaceship. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

V

vogon13

It's carrying 'Slags' from Tencton. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

L

Leovinus

It's a big space turd from some huge intergalactic space creature. Maybe that's what the Earth is now that I think about it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

astrophoto

It looks kind of flat, or almost cylindrical. I love the way you can see it's wake as it disturbs the nearby material.

C

CalliArcale

I love that pic. You can get it off of Cassini's website, actually. It's a raw image. The hazy curved band next to it is, I believe, Saturn's F ring. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#666699"><em>"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly . . . timey wimey . . . stuff."</em>  -- The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

T

telfrow

Kind of looks like this, don't you think?<br /><br />(Gaspra) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <strong><font color="#3366ff">Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yeild.</font> - <font color="#3366ff"><em>Tennyson</em></font></strong> </div>

A

alpha_taur1

Prometheus was not created by man. <br /><br />Man was created by Prometheus, and when he gave the secret of fire to man, Zeus had him chained to a rock where his liver was devoured by an eagle. Being immortal, he had to endure this pain for 30 years until rescued when Heracles shot the eagle. Prometheus was so relieved that he told Heracles where to find the Golden Apples of the Hesperides. <br /><br />Actually it was Athena who gave man a soul.

D

dragon04

It's actually the mother ship for a space faring race of elephant-like beings. They are going to hurl small asteroids at the planet and invade us.<br /><br />The good news is that we will secretly build an Orion space ship in Washington state, launch it and kick the peanuts out of them. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <em>"2012.. Year of the Dragon!! Get on the Dragon Wagon!".</em> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts