Scale of the Universe: A Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

harmonicaman

There are several "Scale of the Universe" tutorials on the web and I recently ran across this one from FSU and I thought it was exceptionally well done.<br /><br />Enjoy!

T

telfrow

Very nice. Thanks for posting it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <strong><font color="#3366ff">Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yeild.</font> - <font color="#3366ff"><em>Tennyson</em></font></strong> </div>

A

abhinavkumar_iitr05

It was really a very nice one.Thanks for posting.

G

googillion

Anyone heard of Vertical Theory as a model for understanding infinity?<br /><br />Vertical Theory provides a new model for infinity. At its simplest, Vertical Theory hypothesizes that in a multi-universe model, infinity stretches both up and down vertically from our universe. For this to work, the absolutely smallest indivisible unit or closed particle in the quantum world is a separate finite universe unto itself. There are a googillion of these units (could be some sort of sub-component of strings) and they serve as the first level building blocks for our universe. Next it states that our universe is one of a googillion other building block units for a universe much larger than ours, the next level up universe (not a mega universe because there is always a next level up). And so it goes, our universe a smallest component to a next larger universe, that universe a component to a next larger universe and so on infinitely. Alternately, the same model moves infinitely down to next smaller and next smaller universal building blocks. <br /><br />The result is a new Vertical model for seeing spatial infinite in the minds eye, admittedly unknowable and non-testworthy conjecture that probably belongs in philosophy discussion. Yet, I was wondering if others have heard of anything like this.<br /><br />

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts