Science channel Live on Huygen's probe

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newtonian

Just to let you know that the probe is about to enter the atmosphere and the Science channel is supposed to cover it live starting 8:00 CST, or in 5 minutes.<br /><br />I will post after the show.

N

newtonian

Well, more of a documentary then live coverage, but there was live coverage interspersed.<br /><br />I'm saddened they lost one radio channel so have only about half the photos they expected - about 320 instead of 750.<br /><br />Thankfully they had the other channel!<br /><br />Ok, 3 photos were discussed, and one soil probe, and sound echo data.<br /><br />1. From about 60 miles up: on left perhaps an ice continent, on right perhaps an ethane ocean.<br /><br />2. From about 15 km up: perhaps clouds over darker surface. <br /><br />3. From surface, round and irregular snowballs?<br /><br />4. Soil consistency: thin crust, crumbly underneath. Perhaps compacted snow with thin crust?<br /><br />5. Echo data from many kilometers up - some echos from perhaps liquid laden clouds.<br /><br />Fascinating. <br /><br />Oh: temperature: on surface: 93K or 180C [273K= 0C= 32F; adding 9 degrees F = adding 5 degrees C or K].<br /><br />The scientist estimated 20 degree variation from high to low on surface; 93K the high- if I understood him correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts