Science channel now - most of our universe is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newtonian

Now, on the science channel a 2006 episode concerning evidence for dark matter - lots of it.<br /><br />I will post more later, as I am watching it myself.

N

newtonian

The program considers that some dark matter may simply be dark rather than exotic matter that cannot be observed.<br /><br />However, it now states: what if much of dark matter simply cannot be seen - impossible to see? <br /><br />Radio astronomy research at Arecibo, Puerto Rico - largest in world?<br /><br />Senses how much hydrogen is in the universe - most abundant element in universe.<br /><br />Oddly, even hydrogen gas beyond stars at the edge of the universe is also being effected - revolving around galaxy too fast.<br /><br />The conclusion: something is causing the effect - the program concludes mass without atoms.<br /><br />In England, experimental astrophysicist (Tim Sumner) looking for dark matter, dubbed neutralino(sp?) underground.<br /><br />Looking for it for 16 years, nothing yet.<br /><br />I wonder why since it is supposed to have such strong effects on galaxy rotation?<br /><br />Professor Milgram(sp?) suspects dark matter does not exist, but rather that ousr laws of physics are wrong.<br /><br />Perhaps gravity is stronger in some places?<br /><br />Contradicting Newton!<br /><br />Initially ignored, but variable gravity is now considered of interest.<br /><br />Ordinary matter makes up only 4% of the matter predicdted by the big bang model.<br /><br />Even with this additional dark matter, there is still 75% missing!!!!<br /><br />Now comes the discovery of the acceleration of expansion through studies of supernovae.<br /><br />Dark energy!<br /><br />And it accounts for the additional 75% missing universe required for the big bang model. 4% atoms, 21% dark matter, 75% dark energy.<br /><br />A new cosmology standard model!<br /><br />Prof. Disney disagrees - (Walt might also) - since computer simulations (cp animations) may look convincing but are not the real thing.<br /><br />Well, the program does indeed indicate strong faith in the existence of what they cannot see.<br /><br />[Compare the existence of God - proof by cause and effect.]<br /><br />I would compare that with 'disco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts