Science channel on astronomy now

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newtonian

Now on Cassini mission to Saturn.<br /><br />After 1 hour on another theme, then comes "killer asteroids," then Cosmos on extraterrestrul life with Carl Sagan, then a repeat of the Cassini Saturn mission.

N

newtonian

alokmohan - Hi!<br /><br />Rendezvous with Satrun was produced in 2005 and the program contains excellent pictures of Saturn, etc. About to end, but will repeat as per my first post.<br /><br />It also documented the Huygens descent to Titan and the ongoing Titan program studying the data.<br /><br />It is the TV pictures that make the programs especially worth watching.<br /><br />Killer asteroids was produced in 2003 - among other things it explores a solar power nudge that will alter the orbit of a potential killer asteroid, provided there are years notice ahead of time to perform the task.<br /><br />Cosmos is old but it has Carl Sagan's excellent narration - I might add he ignores Biblical evidence of extratresrrestrail life, he discounts UFO reports, but he nevertheless considers it very likely that our universe contains life forms of higher intelligence and older age than our human civilization. I agree with him but for totally different reasons.

N

newtonian

My main question concerns the Asteroid program:<br /><br />Is asteroid 1950A still due to impact earth in 2088?<br /><br />Are there any other killer asteroids which have been discovered?

Status
Not open for further replies.