• We hope all of you have a great holiday season and an incredible New Year. Thanks so much for being part of the Space community!

Scientific interpretations of Biblical aging of universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newtonian

What are some scientifically accurate scientific interpretations or models harmonizing with Biblical astronomy on the aging of the universe?<br /><br />I have in mind this account:<br /><br />(Hebrews 1:10-12) 10 And: “You at [the] beginning, O Lord, laid the foundations of the earth itself, and the heavens are [the] works of your hands. 11 They themselves will perish, but you yourself are to remain continually; and just like an outer garment they will all grow old, 12 and you will wrap them up just as a cloak, as an outer garment; and they will be changed, but you are the same, and your years will never run out.”<br /><br />NW footnote on perish: Lit., “will destroy themselves.”<br /><br />Certainly our universe will undergo change. Will that include drastic changes involving earth - so drastic it can be compared with "perish?"<br /><br />Will a portion of our universe be 'wrapped up' by the Great Attractor?<br /><br />Note that Biblical astronomy indicates our earth will be inhabited forever and implies our universe will remain forever.<br /><br />What type of changes could allow the universe to survive despite the change being compared with destruction?<br /><br />Compare, for example, stellar collisions that can rejuvenate main sequence stars - see the Scientific American article When Stars Collide. <br /><br />[Note - I am independently scientifically speculating. My religion teaches that the universe is destructable and would die if not sustained by our Creator - but that God's purpose is to sustain the earth and heavens - how He would do this is another matter for scientific speculation.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY