Scientists narrow down the 'weight' of dark matter trillions of trillions of times

It is good to define constraints on DM. The article says "What scientists do know is that dark matter seems to interact with light and normal matter only through gravity, and not via any of the other fundamental forces; and so the researchers used gravitational theories to arrive at their estimated range for the masses of dark matter particles. Importantly, they used concepts from theories of quantum gravity, which resulted in a much narrower range than the previous estimates, which used only Einstein's theory of general relativity."

Here is another report on using quantum gravity to define boundaries for DM. Theoretical bounds on dark matter masses, https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2021PhLB..81436068C/abstract

My observation. From the arXiv paper attached, "If we accept that new physics is required to address the missing matter problem, we are faced with a huge theoretical challenge as we have very little information about the nature of the dark matter particle or particles. We do not know their spins, masses, self-interactions or couplings to the Standard Model particles. Galaxy formation simulations seem to prefer cold, i.e. non-relativistic, dark matter. The interactions of dark matter particles with that of Standard Model or dark matter self-interactions must be weak see e.g. [9] for a review. Fortunately, quantum gravity can provide some guidance on the allowed parameter range for a given dark matter candidate. The reason for this is simple. In general, quantum gravitational effects will lead to a decay of any dark matter candidate that is not protected by Lorentz invariance or a gauge symmetry from decaying. Furthermore, gravity is universal, it will thus couple to all forms of matter and it will create portals between the Standard Model and any hidden sector."

I agree *gravity is universal* but not quantum gravity. Quantum gravity is not verified operating throughout the universe or in the solar system and the more vacuum energy density using QM theory, the greater the discord and conflict with the cosmological constant for expanding space in General Relativity. Quantum gravity also features quantum foam for space too, https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2018mgm..conf.3935P/abstract

Space as quantum foam remains to be verified as true. DM is needed in GR using the cosmological constant otherwise structure and form in the BB cosmology cannot be created using the Standard Model as space expands. I feel some important concepts should be clear to the public when reading about the *new physics* and answers for the origin of the universe observed.]

Last edited:

Latest posts