Seen this "Shuttle Robotic Arm" on Ebay? :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vogon13

Just speculation here, but maybe that was used to test ORC-DIPS. (organic Rankine cycle-dynamic isotope power system, IIRC) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

S

shuttle_rtf

Works for me, given the DOE on the side,<br /><br />Going through a loop of places to see if there's a diagram - currently on a NASA exploration PDF file that notes the aforementioned system, with - wait for it - pictures of a NASA Mars launcher called the ELV - Energia (of Soviet Shuttle Buran fame) Launch Vechicle....adapted for a Mars Mission Profile. Basically the same system, but in place of the Soviet Shuttle is a NASA ship that has a RSA marking.<br /><br />I'm totally digressed now by this!

S

steve82

Looks like a test fixture of some sort. Not a robotic arm itself but a rig designed to hold a test article in specific orientations.

S

shuttle_rtf

Maybe that heat transfer device would have gone on the end? This is a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts