Sept. 10th PM Shuttle and ISS Sighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

g4pleglh

I was wondering if anyone else saw the Shuttle and ISS going over at 8:33 PM and 8:35 PM, PDT, on September 10, 2009 from Washington state or elsewhere. Were you out looking about 20 minutes before the scheduled time for the Shuttle and ISS sightings? If so, did you see another two objects on a little more southerly track but going in the same direction? I believe it might have been the new Japanese Cargo flight with possibly the booster trailing behind. I initially thought the NASA scheduled sighting for my area was incorrect but I stayed outside to see if I would see the Shuttle and ISS going over at the scheduled time. And they did! Can anyone verify that what I saw was the Japanese Cargo Flight at about 8:17 PM PDT with the booster behind it at about 8:20 PM PDT or something else?

Yes indeed, welcome to SDC g4pleglh.

The link provided to you by Boris is excellent. Despite the name, it is a proper scientific site.

You can sign up a free account & your location can be entered & saved from a list or you can put in your location using Lat & Lon & then save.

You can have many different locations (as I have, my own home town, several in the USA, Canary Islands, my wife's home city, etc).

The site gives you information on the usual, Sunrise, Sunset, Moonrise, Moonset, rising & setting times of the planets & also stages of twilight, both Dawn & dusk (Civil, Nautical & Astronomical), plus the ISS, Space Shuttle, HST & several other satellites.

Worth mentioning the Space Shuttle times can be out if the Shuttle is undergoing orbital changes as often happens & H A has not updated with the new orbital elements, but they do update fairly quickly.

If you need some help, I am sure that Boris will be happy to & I certainly will be happy to help. MeteorWayne is another good person here to explain.

Also in conjunction with Boris's link, you can use this one too.
NASA Real Time Satellite & Space Shuttle tracking.

BTW, Space Shuttle Discovery right now is passing over Afghanistan.

Andrew Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.