Shuttle Coma

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jdreyer49

Just watched the ATV, ISS and Shuttle pass over Phoenix and was amazed to see a comet-like tail following the shuttle. It was visible to the naked eye, but when viewed thru binoculars, was very bright and more noticeable. I've seen the ISS / and shuttle flying in tandem several times, but this was the first time ever for the coma-tail. Very cool.

E

earth_bound_misfit

That may hve been the vented waste water. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p> </p><p>----------------------------------------------------------------- </p><p>Wanna see this site looking like the old SDC uplink?</p><p>Go here to see how: <strong>SDC Eye saver </strong>  </p> </div>

Z

Zipi

Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>That may hve been the vented waste water. <br />Posted by earth_bound_misfit</DIV><br /><br />I would place my bets to this one as well. The water dumping was quite cool looking event at the Nasa TV as well and based on those images it could leave a coma behind the shuttle. Still I think that it will need certain circumstances to see that coma, like just the right angle from the sun and from the observer. Somebody who knows better can comment more... As I said I would place my bets to this one, but not knowing better. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts