Sin City

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

avaunt

I almost resent you all being allowed to go watch my favourite Comic-Noir being translated to the silver screen. <br /><br />Heres a link to the trailer. [drool]<br /><br />http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19015<br /><br />Sweet Deadly little Miho.<br /><br />And Mr Clarke as Manuet , of course. I hope they capture the Remorseless, Terrifying, and Deathless aspect of the character. You may laugh at me, but when I first read the comic, I was stricken, horrified, and frightened simply by the IDEA of Manuet though it was just represented in lines on paper. If they can put one tenth of that onto a screen, people will simply wet their pants in their seats. hearts will stop.<br /><br /><br /> And "Ain't It Cool" have a review of Sin City up....<br /><br />http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=19663 <br /><br />and it seems all my geek fan boy dreams have come true.<br /><br />I can not wait.

Q

qzzq

Nice looking trailer you got there Avaunt. I like it dark and moody and this seems just fine.<br /><br />Was that Mickey Rourke with lots of latex on his face? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p>***</p> </div>

C

commander_keen

I saw this yesterday, and for the most part its a solid movie... if you're not into storyline that much. I love the style and the atmosphere of Sin City, as well as the well-developed characters (males mostly, females are just there to oogle at). But I am not sure I really respect it for its story telling.<br /><br />Sin City is broken down into 3 stories. Alone, none of them are really compelling to justify a full-length movie, so I guess the author decided to combine three of them to make up for it. Watching Sin City almost felt like watching Animatrix. The result was that each story just didnt feel fleshed-out enough to hold your interest for long, and with a few exceptions you were actually glad to see the story change to another. <br /><br />They could have done so many interesting things to the story to make up for the fact that its divided in three. They could have made the three main characters interact with each other more at certain parts (two of the characters do walk into the same bar in one scene but have little interaction) or they could have paced and timed the endings better (the first story begins and ends after the last two are played).<br /><br />Overall, Sin City is a good movie to see - if for no other reason becuase there's nothing much better out. The style and presentation are top-notch, but they feel underused because there's not much to run on. <br /><br />Rating: Good flick, 7/10

V

vogon13

Have you also seen Dark City? I wonder how they compare to each other. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

W

wmdragon

correct, little if any comparison to be made, maybe the noir style. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#993366"><em>The only laws of matter are those which our minds must fabricate, and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter.</em> <br /> --- James Clerk Maxwell</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts