Sky News Reports Old Big Black Hole Mystery

Jan 2, 2024
Visit site
Sky News report says a Black hole at a distance of 13 billion light-years is too big to have developed by our standard theory at that early in the Universe.

The reference says at the size it is it would take 1 billion years to grow. Firstly that is still within the theoretical limits (correct me) but unlikely. This discovery fits with my expectations (my personal opinion) that time dilation (over the distance involved in modelling the whole universe time as a "Spacetime Interval") misleads us into thinking what we view is near the Big Bang.

I suggest we mistakenly assume a flat space for the Big Bang current geometry instead of an n-sphere. In the case of a sphere, a 13.8 billion age would suggest a distance of t=0 as about 22 light-years. Plenty of distance (and time) for the development of galaxies and Black Holes. We might expect further penetration to discover even more objects still further away.

To recap telescope discovery is examining light travelling the circumference of an n-sphere and not looking back to the Big Bang; when observing objects at 13 billion light years. I think, lol. I should add-

If by some miracle we could jump, say, 5 billion lightyears toward the Black Hole the t=0 would still be 22 lightyears distant. Why? Because we are observing within the circumference of an n-sphere and t=0 is a result of time dilation as per a Universe size Spacetime Interval.

Of course, if Spacetime is expanding (as the current theory suggests) the distances involved become complex and beyond my ability to calculate (but larger)

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024
Visit site
The Black Hole would appear to be a member of a Universe we have just started to notice.
The expansions have reached each other. In time, other members (galaxies, galaxy clusters , etc should also appear. It may be another universe but it built from the same reagent.

Latest posts