Solar Cycle 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

disownedsky

<p>How strong Solar Cycle 24 will be affects all near-term misison planning for low-orbiting missions.</p><br /><p>There's not a strong overall consensus, but overall it would seem that solar cycle 24 is likely to be weak. I tend to lean more heavily on the physical methods, or at least the physical + statistical, since "pure statistical" methods aren't fully accounting for what is known about the sun. Note that if you just consider physical methods, the consensus does appear to be there for a weak cycle, but with some respectable dissenters.</p><br /><p>If anyone's heard the latest, I'm all ears.</p>

D

disownedsky

This article over physorg.com discusses the controversy, although there is no interview or quotes from the "weak cycle" camp.

M

MeteorWayne

Sure is one heck of a spot facing us right now! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts