solar system masses

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kenmertz

Hello out there.  I am doing some research for a possible book and I need someone to explain the scientific notation used to describe the mass of objects such as the Martian moons.  The mass of Deimos is listed as: 3.0120e -10 where E=the mass of earth.  Thank you for all the help.  Ken

D

DrRocket

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Hello out there.&nbsp; I am doing some research for a possible book and I need someone to explain the scientific notation used to describe the mass of objects such as the Martian moons.&nbsp; The mass of Deimos is listed as: 3.0120e -10 where E=the mass of earth.&nbsp; Thank you for all the help.&nbsp; Ken <br />Posted by kenmertz</DIV></p><p><br />http://www.solarviews.com/eng/deimos.htm</p><p>This link provides the mass of Deimos as you quoted it and also in kilograms.&nbsp; The notation 3.0120 e-10 means 3.0120 multiplied by 10 to the -10 power and the mass of Deimos is that number tiimes the mass of the Earth.&nbsp; That number is</p><p>0.0000000003012</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts