Solar wind-Atmospheric interaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaygee

<p><font size="2">I was wondering if anyone knew of any research into the interaction of the solar wind with the upper atmosphere of&nbsp;Venus? </font></p><p><font size="2">In particular does the solar wind to any extent strip away&nbsp;particles, atoms, molecules etc. from Venus's upper atmosphere and if so could those&nbsp;then (theoretically) be carried by the solar wind to&nbsp;Earth?</font></p><p><font size="2">If so, I&nbsp;imagine there would be times--when&nbsp;Venus&nbsp;is just&nbsp;passing ahead of&nbsp;Earth--when this might occur.</font></p><p><font size="2">I vaguely remember reading about Venus actually having a&nbsp;faint&nbsp;tail, like a comet.</font></p><p><font size="2">On a related note: I've been searching for a good online&nbsp;video that shows the relative motions of the inner planets around the sun. Do any of you know of any?</font></p><p><font size="2">Thanks!</font></p><p>&nbsp;</p>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I was wondering if anyone knew of any research into the interaction of the solar wind with the upper atmosphere of&nbsp;Venus? In particular does the solar wind to any extent strip away&nbsp;particles, atoms, molecules etc. from Venus's upper atmosphere and if so could those&nbsp;then (theoretically) be carried by the solar wind to&nbsp;Earth?If so, I&nbsp;imagine there would be times--when&nbsp;Venus&nbsp;is just&nbsp;passing ahead of&nbsp;Earth--when this might occur.I vaguely remember reading about Venus actually having a&nbsp;faint&nbsp;tail, like a comet.On a related note: I've been searching for a good online&nbsp;video that shows the relative motions of the inner planets around the sun. Do any of you know of any?Thanks!&nbsp; <br />Posted by kaygee</DIV></p><p>This</p><p>http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2008+AF4;orb=1</p><p>Shows the inner planets, and you get to pick an asteroid to show to boot! Howver, note that over long periods of time, it becomes less accurate.<br /></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

K

kaygee

<p>Thanks!&nbsp; That's just what I was looking for.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Thishttp://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2008+AF4;orb=1Shows the inner planets, and you get to pick an asteroid to show to boot! Howver, note that over long periods of time, it becomes less accurate. <br />Posted by meteorwayne</DIV><br /></p>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts