Solid Rocket Booster Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

abadger

I just saw the footage from the internal SRB cameras on Nasa Video File. Amazing stuff! I can't believe a few of the cameras actually had sound too. It's really good footage and follows the SRBs through the launch all the way down to splashdown. I was surprised to see how black the sky was when the SRBs were released.<br /><br />Anyone else see this?

Q

qso1

Welcome to SDC, great first post. I have seen camera footage of the SRB at separation. Neat stuff and the sky turns black around 25-27 miles up it appears. The same can be seen on Delta rocket cameras which are mounted on the second stage IIRC.<br /><br />If you have seen footage of the SR-71 at around 20 miles up, you see a band of light blue that transitions to dark blue then black with black the predomenint color. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

That is great footage.<br />I can't tear myself away when NASA TV is running them<br /><br />SPLASH!<br /><br />MW <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

A

abadger

Thanks for the welcome! I posted a few times before the Great Space.com Forum Crash but have not since then. It's good to be back.

Q

qso1

I posted a few times before then but have been regular here since around January, maybe February. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts