Some celestial yardsticks are visible in the night sky

An interesting report on three stars used to determine stellar parallax and distances. All three visible now in the night sky in our area. I found this interesting in the report.

"Once we go beyond 100 light-years or so, the stars' parallaxes become too small to get meaningful measurements. How, then, is it possible to find the distances of galaxies?"

The report does point to Cepheid stars here and how they were used to determine the distance to M31, the Andromeda galaxy. However, this ruler works only so far. Eventually, redshifts must be measured and billions of light year distances extrapolated from the redshifts using BB cosmology. The redshift ruler comes with a surprise I found out about. When objects have redshifts 1.4 or larger on the scale, all those objects are moving away in expanding 3D space, faster than the speed of light. This redshift ruler I feel should be plainly disclosed to the public and how objects are moving away faster than c velocity to accept the vast distances presented to the public. The cosmology calculators show this plainly.

Latest posts