Some Solar images (Ha) 23-26 Mar 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RixPJ

<p>I haven't dabbled much with Solar Imaging but recently tried my hand at it with my new Monochrome camera (Imaging Source DMK21AU04.AS)..&nbsp; The telescope used was a Coronado SM60 (a dedicated Hydrogen Alpha scope). </p><p>23rd March 2008:&nbsp;</p><p>Active regions 987 & 988</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>At reduced magnification.&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Prominance&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>26 March 2008:&nbsp;</p><p>Three days later you can see the active regions have moved across the Sun's disc, showing the sun's rotation.</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

doublehelix

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I haven't dabbled much with Solar Imaging but recently tried my hand at it with my new Monochrome camera (Imaging Source DMK21AU04.AS)..&nbsp; The telescope used was a Coronado SM60 (a dedicated Hydrogen Alpha scope). 23rd March 2008:&nbsp;Active regions 987 & 988&nbsp;At reduced magnification.&nbsp;&nbsp;Prominance&nbsp;&nbsp;26 March 2008:&nbsp;Three days later you can see the active regions have moved across the Sun's disc, showing the sun's rotation.&nbsp; <br /> Posted by RixPJ</DIV></p><p>Great shots, RixPJ.&nbsp; I especially liked the first one.</p><p>-dh&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#3366ff">doublehelix, Community Manager<br />Imaginova </font></p> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>I haven't dabbled much with Solar Imaging but recently tried my hand at it with my new Monochrome camera (Imaging Source DMK21AU04.AS)..&nbsp; The telescope used was a Coronado SM60 (a dedicated Hydrogen Alpha scope). 23rd March 2008:&nbsp;Active regions 987 & 988&nbsp;At reduced magnification.&nbsp;&nbsp;Prominance&nbsp;&nbsp;26 March 2008:&nbsp;Three days later you can see the active regions have moved across the Sun's disc, showing the sun's rotation.&nbsp; <br />Posted by RixPJ</DIV></p><p>Very nice. For those that have never seen the sun through a H-a filter, it's an amazing sight. I had the opportunity one morning at the Lowell Observatory. It was the first time I'd ever seen such a view live, and believe me, the sun was alive. I watvhed for 15 or 20 minutes as the view changed.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Good reminder for the to get thraining on our H-a filter at the observatory so I can get it out for our Sunday afternoon public sessions.</p><p>My first duty sessiin is a <font color="#ff6600">SUN</font>day afternoon.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts