Space Angency Budgets

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

owenander

I'm wondering what budgets are for government space agencies throughout the world...<br /><br />NASA<br />JAXA<br />Russia?<br />China?<br />Anybody else?<br /><br />Links/Factual numbers would be great thanks!

B

Boris_Badenov

NASA Budget - 2007 $16.250 billion<br /><br />ESA Budget - €2.904 billion (USD3.8 billion) (2006 Est.)<br /><br />JAXA Budget - €1.55 billion (2006)<br /><br />Russia Budget - $1.3 billion scheduled for 2007<br /><br />China Budget - Between $1.5 & $2 billion per year <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#993300"><span class="body"><font size="2" color="#3366ff"><div align="center">. </div><div align="center">Never roll in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty & the pig likes it.</div></font></span></font> </div>

D

docm

NASA: ~$16 Billion<br />European Space Agency: ~$3.8 Billion<br />JAXA $ 2.1 Billion<br />Russian Federal Space Agency: $1.3 Billion<br />Brazilian Space Agency: $1.2 Billion (watch them; they're working w/ Russia and China)<br />Indian Space Research Organization: 815 Million<br />China National Space Administration: $500 Million (officially, likely 3-4 x that)<br /> <br />BTW: anyone notice that China's CNSA emblem is straight out of Star Trek? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

O

owenander

Wow thanks guys for the speedy help, so it's safe to say that world wide governments are spending more than $25 billion (are those all in US dollars docm)?

B

Boris_Badenov

Starfleet Emblem <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#993300"><span class="body"><font size="2" color="#3366ff"><div align="center">. </div><div align="center">Never roll in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty & the pig likes it.</div></font></span></font> </div>

B

Boris_Badenov

United Federation of Planets emblem <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#993300"><span class="body"><font size="2" color="#3366ff"><div align="center">. </div><div align="center">Never roll in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty & the pig likes it.</div></font></span></font> </div>

B

Boris_Badenov

The CSNA Emblem is kind of a melding of both. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#993300"><span class="body"><font size="2" color="#3366ff"><div align="center">. </div><div align="center">Never roll in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty & the pig likes it.</div></font></span></font> </div>

D

docm

Yes, USD.<br /><br />There are other space agencies but the above list are the biggies. Others listed here Link.... which I just noticed has this list of budgets;<br /><br /> * NASA $16 billion<br /> * ESA $3.8 billion<br /> * CNES (French space agency) $2.2 billion<br /> * JAXA (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency) $2.0 billion<br /> * RKA (Russian Federal Space Agency) $1.3 billion<br /> * DLR (German Aerospace Center) $1.0 billion<br /> * ASI (Italian Space Agency) $900 million<br /> * ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) $815 million<br /> * CNSA (Chinese National Space Administration) $500 million<br /> * BNSC (British National Space Centre) $400 million<br /> * Belgian science policy and space policy $230 million<br /> * CDTI (Spanish space agency $175 million<br /> * SRON (Netherlands Institute for Space Research) $160 million<br /> * KARI (Korea Aerospace Research Institute) $150 million<br /> * SSO (Swiss Space Office) $110 million<br /> * SNSB (Swedish National Space Board) $100 million<br /> * AEB (Brazilian Space Agency) $100 million<br /> <br />some of which are likely incorrect (Brazil for starters) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

That's just eerie! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

J

j05h

You might also inquire about military space budgets? DoD has several times NASA's budget for space applications and development. Also, there is some give-and-take between civilian and military space, the best current example being China's military human spaceflight project.<br /><br />Josh <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div align="center"><em>We need a first generation of pioneers.</em><br /></div> </div>

M

mithridates

Add Canada to that list at about $350 million (used to be less in USD but now the Canadian dollar is almost at parity). <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>----- </p><p>http://mithridates.blogspot.com</p> </div>

O

owenander

So would you say US DoD space budget would be more than $10 billion?

Q

qso1

Nearly ten years ago the DOD budget was over $20 billion for directly space related activities at a time when NASAs budget was probably around $10 billion. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Q

qso1

Found a link to the current budget for DOD space. And as expected, a lot of the line items seem to have little to do with actual space operation but this is how the budget was broken down by this organization.<br /><br />http://www.globalsecurity.org/space/library/budget/fy2006/index.html <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Q

qso1

http://www.fcw.com/article97556-02-05-07-Web<br /><br />The link above suggests the space budget for the year was actually much smaller than what I had seen years ago. I don't recall where I saw the $20 billion figure but it was probably a trade mag such as Aviation leak. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts