Space companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

grooble

Hi, any of you invest in space companies, or know where i can find investing information on them?

F

fcastle

My favorite company to follow on the exchange is SpaceDev (SPDV). They are a small-cap company with some big potential in the industry. I first bought some of their stock when the IPO was offered only because they were the first publicly traded space exploration company, not because I knew anything about stocks. Now that I have studied trading a bit, I still own a bit of the company because their financials look promising (for the next few years).

G

grooble

Yes, i'm wondering if i could invest in some space company, and then 20 years from now it would be worth a fortune.

O

oxrxixoxn

There is a space companies page on The Space Settlement Institute website that you might find useful. Go to www.space-settlement-institute.org , then scroll down on the left side to the 5 Ways to Support Space Settlement section. Number 5 in the list ("Invest in Space Companies") is the link you want. For each company listed, there is a link to Yahoo! Finance so you can check out the company's background and stats.<br /><br />Note that many space startups like SpaceX, etc.. are not publicly traded at this time, which can be a bit frustrating if you're trying to get in on the ground floor.<br /><br />(By the way, if you know of a publicly traded space company that should be added to the list, let me know.)<br /><br /><br />

F

fcastle

Grooble, Oxrxixoxn:<br /><br />I've put together a quick list of my collection of publicly traded aerospace companies. If either are interested, let me know and I'll send the file.<br /><br />Oxrxixoxn, thanks for the link. I was able to add a couple to the list. Here are the few I have I didn't see on the web site:<br /><br />Curtiss-Wright<br />Ducommun Inc<br />E'prime Aerospace Corp<br />Elecsys Corp<br />Embraer-Empresa Brasil ADS<br />Essex Corp<br />GenCorp<br />Herley Industries<br />Hi-Shear Technology<br />Ladish Co<br />Northrop Grumman<br />Orbit International<br />Rockwell Collins<br />Teledyne Technologies<br />US Global Nanospace<br /><br /><br /><br />Obviously, this list is only the beginning. There are so many companies out there that support the aerospace industry in tiny bits of the industry, its hard to catch them all. It is also difficult to recognize who is going to be part of the industry in the future.<br /><br />I am also trying to come up with a list of publicly traded companies that have their hand in nanotech. Another great aerospace application.<br /><br />IMPO... if you want a company that is all aerospace and has the possibility of greatness in the future, I pick SpaceDev. <br /><br />There are other companies that I follow (spacehab is another one I watch) but I don't have the time to research a great many of them. If there are any of you out there that are interested in a little aerospace investing club, let me know.

F

fcastle

Another traded company to watch is Spacehab. The article today shows spacehab is joining the competition for the chance to supply ISS:<br /><br />http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/050824_spacehab_apex.html<br /><br /><br />According to the article, there are 4 main companies vying for the chance to supply the ISS: SpaceX, Spacehab, SpaceDev, and t/Space. <br /><br />Only Spacehab and SpaceDev are currently being traded, and both have proven themselves as viable space competitors. <br /><br />I find this so exciting that so many more space companies are now comming into their own and have promising potential to permanently launch us into the space age.

K

kdavis007

Spacehab and Spacedev are companies that we should watch.. Look for more companies to make big names soon... Real soon...

O

oxrxixoxn

fcastle, thanks for the list of companies! Sorry for the delay, but I finally did get most of the list posted on the Space Settlement Institute website at the space companies page.

Status
Not open for further replies.