Space Diwali

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wirefree

<p>Hello,</p><p>Today is Diwali - the Festival of Lights, celebrated throughout India. Electricity or earthen lamps light up the whole country.</p><p>For a couple of years now I have been googling for space images taken on this night and wonder if the subcontinent looks any prettier. My searches on usual suspects - NASA, terraserver - have revealed no positives.</p><p>Would greatly appreciate if anyone on the forum has come across an image & can share it or can direct me to alternate search engines.</p><p>Happy Diwali!&nbsp;</p><p>Best,&nbsp;</p><p>wirefree</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Hello,Today is Diwali - the Festival of Lights, celebrated throughout India. Electricity or earthen lamps light up the whole country.For a couple of years now I have been googling for space images taken on this night and wonder if the subcontinent looks any prettier. My searches on usual suspects - NASA, terraserver - have revealed no positives.Would greatly appreciate if anyone on the forum has come across an image & can share it or can direct me to alternate search engines.Happy Diwali!&nbsp;Best,&nbsp;wirefree <br />Posted by wirefree</DIV><br /><br />Views from space showing all the light pollution on the surface make me physically ill.</p><p>I want to see the sky!!</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts