Space is Warped so how about Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lynngrubbs

Ok, so this new experiment concludes that Earths spin is warpping space, would that not mean that Time is also being warped and this could cause all kinds of strange things to happen, say for instance over the Bermuda Triangle?

R

rogers_buck

The frame dragging you describe is warping space-time.

S

Saiph

while time is warped too (earths rotation warps space-time, not just space). the effect is basically negligible, and not isolated to certain areas (like the bermuda traingle).<br /><br />This has no effect on a scale normally encountered. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

L

lynngrubbs

First off, "Thick", The Bermuda Triangle is a mystery and there is no proof of anything, so to say its not related to time dilation is like telling me you've got all the answers when your just guess like I am. If space is warped, then a pilot could just disappear into another time, kinda like falling into quicksand or a wormhole, time has a ripple in it and bam!, the pilot is gone. I do believe it is negligible on Earth...but then again there is no evidence of this, its just another guess.....I would come closer to thinking that this would be an explanation for ships and planes disappearing into thin air....it doesn't happen very often, but its been recorded in history to have happened some way, a mystery, but a warp in time could send a pilot into the future or back into the past .... I think you should open your mind to the possibility. I'm not trying to sound left field, I'm just saying this discovery of space being warped, as well as time, could produce some strange effects that we aren't able to understand just yet....everything isn't always black and white, sorry to burst your bubble.

S

Saiph

1) Warping space and time doesn't quite work that way. They don't dissappear into thin air. The rate time passes merely changes for them. I.e. we'll see them "fast forward" or go in "slow motion" sorta like a VCR can make tapes behave.<br /><br />2) Any effects strong enough to produce a significant effect (like, a one second lag) would be easily detectable hand have a myraid of secondary effects, also easily detectable. For instance, everything over the bermuda triangle would appear red for the duration due to doppler shifting of light. Any space-time warp that strong is also immensley powerful gravitationally. A 1 second delay would probably rip earth asunder, especially if it's concentrated over the bermuda triangle.<br /><br />Sorry, the idea doesn't fly. Possiblilty does not mean probability. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.