Space research. Advice please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alpha_orionis

Hi!, I'm in a dilemma about what kind of research is better for me. My bachelor was in Agricultural Engineering, and I'm about to finish a Master in Bio-systems sustainability, with specialization in Bioorganic Chemistry. I have skills in analytical techniques such as TLC, GC-MS, GC-FID, and also isolation techniques. I want to do a Ph.D., but I'm divided between the fields of plant biology (with the goal being microgravity experiments) and astrobiology. Of these fields, which one has better prospects? Are there other kinds of experiments in space biology I could do with my background??

Y

yevaud

Well, you need not discard one for the other, you know. Many people have taken one degree and morphed it into an entirely different emphasis. For example, a research project I once worked on was all based on the work of a MS in Biomedical Engineering - applied to Planetary Science and Astrophysics.<br /><br />Perhaps the field of Plant Biology is about to receive it's first Astrobiologist, eh? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts