Space tourism regulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mickdundee

I just saw this little quick report on Tv about proposed government regulations for space tourism. They said one of the regulations would be that you had to have your employers permission to go into space. I wonder if anyone knows if that is really a proposed rule or not, and if they do if they can give a link to something that says that?<br /><br />Thanks.<br /><br />

M

mlorrey

I imagine that employers will try to limit risk to payouts in employee life insurance and health plans. Some self insured corporations, for instance, prohibit employees from either using motorcycles or bans claims based on motorcycle accidents, given that hospital bills in such accidents tend to be ten times more exepensive than injuries from car accidents.<br /><br />Today, corporations are implementing policies that impinge upon employees 2nd amendment rights, so I'm not surprised if the ptb are going to use this round about method to keep Americans out of space.

H

harmonicaman

Here's the complete text of the proposed rules from the Federal Register.<br /><br />Since this is a NPRM (Notice of Proposed Rule Making), you are invited to make comments and suggestions. Here is the portal to an electronic form you may use to comment on the rules proposal. Enter keywords: HUMAN SPACE FLIGHT and this will take you to a page where you may submit comments about this new regulation.

S

spacester

Thanks for the link, h-man and thanks even more for giving us all the procedure for making a difference.<br /><br />I've said the following for years:<br /><br />All private space flight needs from the government to get this space age in gear is three things:<br />1. A level playing field<br />2. A stable regulatory environment<br />3. An anchor tenancy here and there<br /><br />This is a great step forward on the second item. The only thing worse than regulations is not having any regulations. Space entrepreneurs need a legal framework for their business plans.<br /><br />Everything I've heard about the FAA has been positive in terms of them wanting to provide a legal framework that gets the space age going, while fulfilling their responsibilities to the general public. I hope to find time to study these proposals over the weekend – along with all the ESAS material that’s just come out.<br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

F

freeshark

I have read the whole proposal. It doesn't really say that any where, but it only makes sense that you need your employer's permission before using his gear.<br /><br />It does say that the operator MUST inform the crew that it is Unsafe to travel in to space. The risks are high.<br /><br />It also says that CREW and Passengers must sign a waiver letting the FAA off the hook of Law suits. The FAA clearly find this dangerous but won't stop people from trying it.<br /><br />I found the information requirements of the FAA very interesting though. It asks a lot of POINTED questions. It is a very well designed breif. As a business man i always look for loop holes where I can save money. The breif really doesn't allow me to make many short cuts as far as flight plans are concerned.<br /><br />One thing this report DOES NOT cover however is recovery of objects in space. <br /><br />It goes to reason that you can't fool around with satelites and such but can you bring back a peice of meteorite? <br /><br />The Sacriest thing about this report is that they say NOTHING about polution or leaving material behind. What if a passenger decided to throw something at earth during an EVA? EVA's are not excluded in the report.<br /><br />I for one am going to make mention of it officially.<br /><br />Dave<br /><br /><br /><br />

H

harmonicaman

For those wishing to submit comments on this "Notice of Proposed Rule Making"; I know for a fact that they really do read and sometimes even act upon suggestions and criricisms submitted by the public!<br /><br />If you have any issues with the new rules; please write a comment and submit it!

T

tomnackid

I imagine that employers will try to limit risk to payouts in employee life insurance and health plans. Some self insured corporations, for instance, prohibit employees from either using motorcycles or bans claims based on motorcycle accidents, given that hospital bills in such accidents tend to be ten times more exepensive than injuries from car accidents. <br /><br />Today, corporations are implementing policies that impinge upon employees 2nd amendment rights, so I'm not surprised if the ptb are going to use this round about method to keep Americans out of space.<br />----------------------------------------------<br />The simple answer is to pay for your own health insurance and hospital bills then you can do whatever you want! You can't have it both ways. Freedom isn't free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts