SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket suffers anomaly during Starlink satellite launch

I wonder how NASA will react to this, they may want to pause any crewed launches on Falcon 9 until the root cause of the upper stage failure has been identified, corrective measures have been identified and implemented? A RUD of the Falcon Upper stage carrying a crewed Dragon capsule would not be good.... :oops:

Jun 19, 2024
Visit site
SpaceX can send other Starlinks to prove it still works while they work the investigation. Possible Ox or fuel leak could maybe hinder the engine relight and could be a 1 tie fail. Good chance they can pinpoint that in a few days/weeks.

Jul 12, 2024
Visit site
I wonder how NASA will react to this, they may want to pause any crewed launches on Falcon 9 until the root cause of the upper stage failure has been identified, corrective measures have been identified and implemented? A RUD of the Falcon Upper stage carrying a crewed Dragon capsule would not be good.... :oops:
No problem ... Elon has 12 kids already and he is on the record willing to offer to use his sperm “to help seed a colony” on Mars.

Nov 1, 2023
Visit site
It's always great fun to see the biggest braggart fall flat on his face so you can wipe your feet on the back on his giant head. Thanks Elon, or should I call you Mat. I saw your robotaxi also suffered a RUD. 🤭

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
Especially now that the Boeing Starliner is at the ISS with two astronauts that may need a ride home. Without Starliner and a crew enabled Falcon 9, what will save them if a true emergency arises?

Apr 18, 2020
Visit site
When stage 2 shut down prematurely, would it have been possible to not release the Starlink satellites, given that they were not going to be able to achieve their intended orbit? Could they have been kept aboard to 'go down with the ship,' rather than to all come down separately?

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
When stage 2 shut down prematurely, would it have been possible to not release the Starlink satellites, given that they were not going to be able to achieve their intended orbit? Could they have been kept aboard to 'go down with the ship,' rather than to all come down separately?
Probably, but you know those rocket scientists, always making things harder for themselves.