SpaceX signs a new launch contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

windnwar

<p><font size="2">They posted a new update today listing a contract to launch sats for DOD's ORS office. </font></p><p>http://www.spacex.com/press.php?page=39</p><p><font size="2">Lists three different payloads under development and cubesats that will be launched using a rideshare adapter. Looks like Flight 003 will be a pretty serious flight. Hopefully these won't end up back in the cargo container after being retrieved from the beach at Kwaj... ;) </font></p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font size="2" color="#0000ff">""Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein"</font></p> </div>

P

PistolPete

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>T<font color="#008000">hey posted a new update today listing a contract to launch sats for DOD's ORS office. http://www.spacex.com/press.php?page=39Lists three different payloads under development and cubesats that will be launched using a rideshare adapter. Looks like Flight 003 will be a pretty serious flight. Hopefully these won't end up back in the cargo container after being retrieved from the beach at Kwaj... ;) &nbsp; <br /> Posted by windnwar</font></DIV></p><p>That's always good news, however they really should get a successful launch under their belts.</p><p>Speeking of which, does anyone have a more specific date for their next launch other than the second quarter of this year.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><em>So, again we are defeated. This victory belongs to the farmers, not us.</em></p><p><strong>-Kambei Shimada from the movie Seven Samurai</strong></p> </div>

T

ThereIWas2

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>does anyone have a more specific date for their next launch other than the second quarter of this year.&nbsp; <br /> Posted by PistolPete</DIV></p><p>Same press release says June.&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><span class="postbody"><span style="font-style:italic"><br /></span></span></p> </div>

R

radarredux

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>That's always good news, however they really should get a successful launch under their belts.</DIV></p><p>I agree. I love SpaceX to death, but I am getting a bit anxious waiting for that first successful orbit.</p><p>Glad to be back!!&nbsp;</p>

S

shuttle_guy

<p>I agree. I love SpaceX to death, but I am getting a bit anxious waiting for that first successful orbit.Glad to be back!!&nbsp; <br />Posted by radarredux[/QUOTE]</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Third time is the charm?</p><p>The Falcon 1 for this third mission shipped to the launch site on April 19th for a possible launch June 10th.</p><p>http://kwajrockets.blogspot.com/</p><p>SpaceX will confirm the launch day target a month before launch.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.