SPIDER-MAN REBOOT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

After the announcement that Spider-Man 4 was being postponed, Sony dropped the hammer today. The reason is the usual "creative differences".

Director Sam Raimi: out
Script: out
Star Tobey Maguire: out
Co-Star Kirsten Dunst: out

Sony says it will hire a new crew and re-boot the franchise, starting with a film about Parker's life as a "teenager grappling with contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises."

Also look for a darker tone.

The revised release date is now rescheduled from 2011 to sometime in 2012.

Z

ZenGalacticore

Well, that's probably for the best. Raimi and Co. did a great job and everything. (I love Raimi's sense of humor. And his brother-the office guy- is a hoot.)

It's good they're going to give some other artists a shot. A bit 'darker' would be refreshing! :)

O

OleNewt

Hulk 2.0 (wearing his rolls royce fighting gloves again) and Iron Man are going to appear, and that supersized reddish faux Mr. Hyde from League of Extraordinary Gentleman will rampage through the city--demonstrating that he did not in fact die in a massive building collapse close to a hundred years ago.

B

brandbll

docm":1xlloxs5 said:
After the announcement that Spider-Man 4 was being postponed, Sony dropped the hammer today. The reason is the usual "creative differences".

Director Sam Raimi: out
Script: out
Star Tobey Maguire: out
Co-Star Kirsten Dunst: out

Sony says it will hire a new crew and re-boot the franchise, starting with a film about Parker's life as a "teenager grappling with contemporary human problems and amazing super-human crises."

Also look for a darker tone.

The revised release date is now rescheduled from 2011 to sometime in 2012.

Good riddens! That last spiderman was AWFUL! Between the Peter Parker dance scene and making Foreman from That 70's Show into Venom(not sure which was worse, that movie franchise went from gold to garbage. It just sucks we have to start all over again. We go through all this development, finally get to venom one of the most badass villains ever, and now we gotta start from the beginning. I guess it's for the best.

S

Saiph

I'd prefer if they didn't reboot with the entire origin story. Afterall, we don't see Superman land in his pod from krypton and grow up in Smallville every time he gets a new movie...

Just take it and run, and trust that the publics memory of such a popular movie franchise isn't as porous as swiss cheese.

Z

ZenGalacticore

I think a modern, cinematic rendition of 'Electro' would be cool. He could threaten the entire City with a blackout. :) I'm not sure how they might do the 'Rhino' though, as I don't remember the Rhino's strength and invulnerability was ever explained. I guess it was some kind of military suit that he hijacked.

I don't think they ought to necessarily do Spidey's Origin all over again either. But it would be cool if they managed to throw in that Peter Parker was afraid of heights until he was bitten by the spider.

Status
Not open for further replies.