Splice

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve82

Anybody seen Splice ?
New variation on a Frankenstein story involving a married couple of scientists gene splicing and creating a hybrid. A little on parenthood issues, relationships, interspecies sex, etc. In the case the evil corporation is not so evil-the scientists go underground from their day jobs after the boss tells them to stop work. Then there's another twist gender switching. Not a bad indie-type flick, definitely a cut above a lot of the fare out there now but rated R so I don't think it's getting as much attention.

D

docm

We do a "Theater Saturday," but not for this one due to the R rating. Probably wait for Netflix to put it on their BR list or stream it.

O

OleNewt

I saw the preview and instantly didn't want to see it. It reminded me far too intimately of the Species movies.

I

ILUVSPACCE

OleNewt":1tlh4tmg said:
I saw the preview and instantly didn't want to see it. It reminded me far too intimately of the Species movies.

Same here. There is no way I'd pay to see this movie. Actually the first few moments of the preview got my attention when one of the actors says: "Its not human, not entirely". But then I quickly became disappointed. :roll:

A

Astro_Robert

I saw the movie, thought it was ok I guess, sortof interesting coneptually, but it did have a few problems.

I thought it was quite a bit slow, and at times needlessly gratuitous. I thought some of the characters were also practically gratuitous, and were there just to be the proverbial red-shirts at the end of the movie.

The movie seems to have a theme about death/rebirth/transformation. Most of the final plot elements were predictable, except they took so long to develop. Also, there was insufficient imotivation for why the guy had some of his interactions with the Dren creature, other than for parallels later in the plot.

I thought the last 5 minutes were appropriate for a thirller and did tie a lot of the plot together, but it just took so long, and some of it was jsut unnecessary.

S

steve82

I thought the stockholder's meeting was a hoot. Especially in the post-morten in the boss's office where the weasel underling says, "Well, I guess it was sort of a setback...."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts