Star Trek Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nag622

The most recent Star Trek movie doesn't leave much room for sequels. Has the crew completed their last movie, or will the saga pick up with another series ie DS9 or Voyager?

J

johnsje

if there is ever another movie, I believe it will be very different from all that past ones. I would love to see a far in the future version. I don't like the going backwards thing. It almost always ends up being wrong in some way or another. But it will be at least 5 to 10 years I bet<br />

I

im2naked

I'm pretty sure the talk has been that IF there is another movie it will explore the "false" universe ,whatever it is called, from the various series. (E.g. where all the good guys are bad and stuff) I know alot of the Star Trek writers want to get Kirk and Picard to face off.. I think that would be a good movie.

I

im2naked

One thing we should all understand about shatner is that he will do almost anything to make himself look young so i don't think shatner's age will get in the way<br />.. I think a cool movie would be a spinoff with a Federation Tactical Squad. The movie would be based on blowing Stuff away and really cool technology.. Granted, it doesn't really fill the normal Star Trek mold but it is a motion picture and meant to be entertaining. Kinda like the game Elite Force.

H

hopenpj

As much as I used to "love" Shatner and the original ST movies and series, Kirk would be nothing without:<br /><br />Spock<br />Bones<br />Scotty<br />Sulu<br />et al<br /><br />given the best, Scotty and Bones, no longer have living persons to play them, I think we best let a Kirk v Picard, or Kirk & Picard movie lay in the grave.<br /><br />No movie would be complete without the other cast members.<br /><br />Hats off to Scotty, and "Damn it Spock, can't you feel something for once?" Bones.

J

johnsje

Well that ought to be nice and boring. I wonder how many things they will get wrong in that film. Whatever happened to all the forward thinking people. We need a new faces for trek and a new time, in the future. Stupid to keep going back. It sucked once, it will suck again

Y

yevaud

<i>Spock was Pikes second in Command before Kirk got there.</i><br /><br />Never was. Pike's second in command/Exec. was "Number One," played by Majel Barret (nee Roddenberry). Spock was Science Officer, and didn't become 2nd until Kirk took over from Pike. <br /><br />http://www.memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Number_One <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

Y

yevaud

No, that's quite true. I posted that as an FYI only.<br /><br />There was a STOS book I read, in which it covered Kirk and his assuming command of the Enterprise. It clearly stated that he knew of Spock, but had never met him. Same with Montgomery Scott. And the Doctor was still the same as when Pike commanded (he was preparing to retire). Number One was gone, transferred.<br /><br />Can't recollect the name. Sorry. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Differential Diagnosis:  </em>"<strong><em>I am both amused and annoyed that you think I should be less stubborn than you are</em></strong>."<br /> </p> </div>

D

darth_elmo

I know it's not canon, but the novel that dealt with Kirk's first meeting with Spock was <i>Enterprise: The First Adventure</i>. In it, a 29-year-old newly-promoted Captain Kirk assumes command of the <i>U.S.S. Enterprise</i> with an alien (i.e., Spock) in the command position he had wanted for his best friend, Gary Mitchell. Spock is rubbed the wrong way because Kirk's command style is so different from Pike's. And McCoy and Spock get on each other's nerves immediately because Spock assumes that McCoy's request for more lab tests of Spock's hybrid Vulcan-Human physiology are merely to satisfy McCoy's emotionally-based curiosity, while McCoy doesn't appreciate being condescended to by the only Vulcan in Starfleet.

J

jtkirk1701

HEY HEY HEY 2008 KIRK IN THE ACADAMY, SPOCK WITH PIKE, COULD MEET ROBERT T APRIL. THE FIRST ORIGINAL CONSTITUTION CLASS ON THE BIG SCREEN WTIH TODAYS TECHNOLOGY. WILL WE SEE ANY NX CLASS SHIPS? HOW WILL THEY UPGRADE THE SHIP? THE MONITORS UP TOP WILL BE LIVE I WOULD ASSUME. WHO COULD PLAY KIRK, SPOCK, MCCOY, SCOTTY...ETC...

J

jtkirk1701

they need to get back to what tos always had. the sets where bright and up beat. You had no doubt who were the good guys and who were the bad guys. characters with mostly up beat attitudes. the we can do it mentallity.

D

darth_elmo

fb, it's not like <i>Star Trek</i> has been all that concerned with firmness of canon. Example: in Judy and Gar Reeves-Stevens' novel <i>Federation</i>, Zefram Cochrane invented the time-warp drive and a multi-trillionaire gave the patents away to make space travel cheap and to make humanity spread to the stars as though dandelion seeds on the wind. <i>First Contact</i> made a neat hash of J&GRS' great concept by introducing the first contact between Vulcan and Terran. Further, there was at least one other ST:TOS novel in which (if I remember correctly, and I may not), Kirk was a junior lieutenant on one of the first missions by Starfleet to visit Vulcan.<br /><br />Let's face it: Roddenberry and his heirs just aren't consistent.

V

vogon13

The various (alleged) inconsistencies are due to Federation Security dis-information operations.<br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff0000"><strong>TPTB went to Dallas and all I got was Plucked !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#339966"><strong>So many people, so few recipes !!</strong></font></p><p><font color="#0000ff"><strong>Let's clean up this stinkhole !!</strong></font> </p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.