stargate is it possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

superschnauzer

Can any of the major technology be possible such as the stargate itselfe or the hand device or those funky lightning gun to name a few.

N

nacnud

Problem with Einstien-Rosen bridges or wormholes etc is that they require a rather large amount of negative energy, well acording to what I understand. Now while a pair of Casmir plates can lower the energy level of a small amount of space below that of the surrounding space there is, so far, no way of creating negative energy.

R

rogers_buck

The flat faced wormhole that they describe in the paper would require negative energy equivalent to the size of Jupiter. They do point out that the mass would be contained in the wormhole rather than either reference frame so there would be no local mass to contend with. The paper also talks about creating negative energy by the casmir effect and also by using LiNb (as I recall) frequency doubling crystals that emit alternating photons of positive and negative energy.<br /><br />So I guess the answer is that if you pay someone $29K they will write you a paper and tell you that it is possible. The paper is actually good science fiction until it enters the realm of the spoon-bender...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts