Strange seti signals received

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobbyray

Hi,<br /> <br />I am new to the group and wanted to share this with you all.<br /> <br />I have used the Seti@home program for many years now but am about ready to switch over to the new Boinc program. I am still using the classic version at the moment.<br /> <br />A few days ago while processing a work unit,<br /> it went crazy.<br /><br /> It shows that there were 142 Peaks detected, 29 gaussians and 1 Triplet.<br /> <br />The peaks range from 165.362 power to 22.227. <br />115 of the peaks were above 30.091 power. <br />All indicating from an unknown source and not close to a round frequency.<br /><br />I have never seen anything like it on the seti program in my all years of participation. <br /> <br />Recorded on : May 7, 2004<br />Sky position: 32.17'45" RA, +21 o11'00Dec <br />File date: 9/17/2004<br /> <br />This is the strangest seti readings ever. I think. I sent the results back to them and have not heard anything back as yet and perhaps may not but I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas OR have heard of a reading of this magnitude before. I am not sure what it all means but it is very impressive to say the least, not to mention exciting on an astronomical scale. <br /> <br />Bobby Ray

M

Maddad

It could be just about anything, or even a corrupted packet. The SETI guys at Berkeley WILL contact you if you found ET's phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS