String Theory question..

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flyusmc

Okay, Disclaimer...I'm not a huge science guy but I am super curious and excited about learning about space/physics.

Here is my question(s) with buildup statements (kind of asked in the form of questions themselves)
1. If I remember correctly there are like 11 different dimensions in string theory but most of them are akin to being too small for us to "see" or experience.
2. There seems to be an accelerating/expanding universe
3. There may be multi-verse out there and our own big bang caused by two "touching" Branes.
4. There is no unifying theory between quantum and regular physics.

So here is my question.
Is it possible that in the very small dimensions that we can't see in String theory that some of our quantum particles travel between different "branes” which can account for virtual particles popping in and out of existence, and also a gravity leak in our own universe?

Just a wild thought and I am sure someone can steer me in the right direction of what to explore.

Thanks,
FLYUSMC

F

flyusmc

GraemeH,

Thanks for the links from NOVA. I powered through all of them last night. The Gravity episode was pretty much what I was thinking and I'm glad I'm not completely off my rocker thinking about it. ;)

-FLYUSMC

Status
Not open for further replies.