Feb. 4, 2010
Orbiter:
Endeavour
Mission Number:
STS-130
(130th space shuttle flight

S

shuttle_guy

All of the launches are special but this one is very special. Kay Hire, one of the cremen, is making her second flight. Kay was one of my engineers when she was selected to be an astronaut.

T

Testing

shuttle_guy":3hkh4xum said:
All of the launches are special but this one is very special. Kay Hire, one of the cremen, is making her second flight. Kay was one of my engineers when she was selected to be an astronaut.

Greetings my friend and special greetings to Kay Hire. She comes with high regards.

Z

Zipi

Cupola arrives:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhxTQwgle2c[/youtube]

Tranquility arrives:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whIywlwL46Q[/youtube]
(with really fat aircraft :shock:)

G

Gravity_Ray

Will the cupola windows be opened immediatley after installation of the cupola, or will it be done when it is placed in its final position?

What a cool view that will be, no matter where they put Node 3.

Z

Zipi

Gravity_Ray":2pfdr2jh said:
Will the cupola windows be opened immediatley after installation of the cupola, or will it be done when it is placed in its final position?

What a cool view that will be, no matter where they put Node 3.

Shutters of Cupola windows can be opened and closed whenever they want. I would guess that almost immediately when astronauts have arrived to their new Tranquility module they will take a look from Cupola. Well, of course they have to open Cupola hatches as well... Shutters are there to prevent micrometeroid impacts and they are closed if windows are not used.

S

shuttle_guy

The vehicle processing is going very well. The Orbiter will be rolled ove to the VAB Dec. 12th and stacked with the ET and SRBs. The vehicle will stay in the VAB over the holidays and roll out to the pad on Jan 6 or 7th. The current launch date is Feb 4th however there is a potential chage to move the launch date to Sunday Feb. 7th.

S

shuttle_guy

The roll from the OPF to the VAB is now moved up to Friday (tomorrow) around noon local time. Roll to the pad is Jan 6.

There is a CR (Change Request) out to move the launch to Sunday Feb. 7th due to traffice at the ISS (a progress docking)

R

roocnu

STS-130 launch date

Greetings.
On the spaceflightnow.com website, they already have the launch date as Feb 7 (moved from Feb 4).
Katrina

M

moonfie

This is also going to be the mission with the controversially-named Tranquility Module, isn't it? I hope that the astronauts will get to have a go on the COLBERT treadmill when they're done :) At any rate I'll be looking forward to this mission. Shuttle Guy, it's great that one of your engineers is going to be on it! I hope that the launch is at a time when I'm near the internet so that I can watch it live.

S

shuttle_guy

Re: STS-130 launch date

roocnu":3gvdr0kj said:
Greetings.
On the spaceflightnow.com website, they already have the launch date as Feb 7 (moved from Feb 4).
Katrina

Yes, they posted that a little early however the 7th is now the official launch target.

S

shuttle_guy

moonfie":1ilex2xe said:
This is also going to be the mission with the controversially-named Tranquility Module, isn't it? I hope that the astronauts will get to have a go on the COLBERT treadmill when they're done :) At any rate I'll be looking forward to this mission. Shuttle Guy, it's great that one of your engineers is going to be on it! I hope that the launch is at a time when I'm near the internet so that I can watch it live.

Unfortunately I will not be able to support all of Kay' second flight processing. I have some news from my doctors that I need to have my aortic valve replaced. The operation is Jan 6th and I will be out on recovery from that procedure for 7 weeks or so. Atleast they agreed to hold off on the operation until after the holidays. I just have to take it easy until then.

M

moonfie

shuttle_guy":236lq32w said:
Unfortunately I will not be able to support all of Kay' second flight processing. I have some news from my doctors that I need to have my aortic valve replaced. The operation is Jan 6th and I will be out on recovery from that procedure for 7 weeks or so. Atleast they agreed to hold off on the operation until after the holidays. I just have to take it easy until then.

Oh wow, I'm sorry! That's really unfortunate. You'll definitely be in my thoughts, and I'll be hoping that the operation goes smoothly. Stay safe!

S

shuttle_guy

moonfie":37y2gasr said:
shuttle_guy":37y2gasr said:

Oh wow, I'm sorry! That's really unfortunate. You'll definitely be in my thoughts, and I'll be hoping that the operation goes smoothly. Stay safe!

Thank you.

S

Swampcat

shuttle_guy":2okg8xgb said:
I have some news from my doctors that I need to have my aortic valve replaced. The operation is Jan 6th and I will be out on recovery from that procedure for 7 weeks or so.

S_G, sorry to hear about that. Take care of yourself and, if possible, keep us posted on your condition.

Swampcat":3us6vper said:
shuttle_guy":3us6vper said:
I have some news from my doctors that I need to have my aortic valve replaced. The operation is Jan 6th and I will be out on recovery from that procedure for 7 weeks or so.

S_G, sorry to hear about that. Take care of yourself and, if possible, keep us posted on your condition.

Please do Shuttle_Guy. Keep us informed.

Andrew Brown.

T

Testing

" I just have to take it easy until then."

Well then SG tell that Lady to stop keepin' you out till all hours of the night.
PM sent with contact info. You will be in our thoughts.

Warmest regards,

Testing

S

shuttle_guy

Testing":1miut4a3 said:
" I just have to take it easy until then."

Well then SG tell that Lady to stop keepin' you out till all hours of the night.
PM sent with contact info. You will be in our thoughts.

Warmest regards,

Testing

Well Sandra and the docs said I could still do the dishes (darn it) but not much else. I will try to post when I can or Sandra will contact you so you can update everyone here. I would not want to just disappear and leave everyone hanging.

R

rhapsodyinspace2

shuttle_guy, Bless you and your family! I will keep you and your family in my prayers! :)

S

SpaceKiwi

SG, I hope your family will roster you off dishes detail as well, all things considered. You will definitely be in my thoughts for the op and I wish you a trouble-free change-out and speedy recovery. We will all hope to see you back here ASAP once you are operating nominally again.

Best Wishes Mate

SK

Z

Zipi

I wish all the best for you SG! Especially for personal level, but I have to also admit that your insight about space flight and ability to seek inside information is highly appreciated here at community level.

S

shuttle_guy

Thank you all for the kind words and good thoughts.

I will post when I can or my wife, Sandra, will post for me. I am still set to go into the hospital Jan. 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts