STS 3 Landing Graphs

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcs_seattle

I ran across this in some files I saved a while back. I thought folks might find it interesting.<br />

L

larper

I remember watching that landing. That late gear deployment scare me half to death. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong><font color="#ff0000">Vote </font><font color="#3366ff">Libertarian</font></strong></p> </div>

L

larper

So, did you have a clean pair of underwear handy? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong><font color="#ff0000">Vote </font><font color="#3366ff">Libertarian</font></strong></p> </div>

Y

yoda9999

This is actually a response to shuttle_guy:<br /><br />Can you explain what a "que card" is in this context?<br /><br />Also why were the 2 crewmen sick? Were these the astronauts sick?<br /><br />Thanks!

J

JonClarke

Interesting. Where there any repercussions from management for the crew?<br /><br />Jon <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><em>Whether we become a multi-planet species with unlimited horizons, or are forever confined to Earth will be decided in the twenty-first century amid the vast plains, rugged canyons and lofty mountains of Mars</em>  Arthur Clarke</p> </div>

S

silylene old

Thanks SG. I had never learned of this issue before. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><em><font color="#0000ff">- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -</font></em> </div><div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><font color="#0000ff"><em>I really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function.</em></font> </div> </div>

S

silylene old

Does anyone have a link to this landing video? I would be interested to watch it. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><em><font color="#0000ff">- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -</font></em> </div><div class="Discussion_UserSignature" align="center"><font color="#0000ff"><em>I really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function.</em></font> </div> </div>

D

drwayne

I have seen a link to it, I think here...<br /><br />Wayne <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>"1) Give no quarter; 2) Take no prisoners; 3) Sink everything."  Admiral Jackie Fisher</p> </div>

B

bushuser

I remember watching this on TV. In my ignorance, I figured the delay in lowering the landing gear was intentional hubris and "this guy's a hot dog!" Wrong Que cards, imperial-to-metric conversion, switches installed backwards, falling foam...the openness with which NASA operates highlights how easily things can go wrong with any complicated machine. I hope those guys weren't punished, because it sounds like they should deserved a medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts