Suggestions Wanted for a Solution Space Tourism Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

space4all

<p><font size="3">We all know that it will be well over 10+ years before ordinary people will have the opportunity to go to SPACE.</font></p><p><font size="3">In my opinion, 10+ years is way to long to wait!!! <font color="#ff0000">Do you think that we can make that dream become a reality and create our own project whereby an everyday person has the opportunity to go to SPACE?</font></font></p><p><font size="3">This is a serious post and it deserves attention from every member.&nbsp; For we all know, that if we all work together, then ACTION will become reality.</font></p><p><font size="3">I look forward to your helpful comment.</font></p><p><font size="3">Signed,&nbsp;</font></p><p><font size="3">Just an everyday person that wants to go to SPACE and help others to go to SPACE as well.</font></p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

space4all

<p><font size="2">May I be first to add to this post?</font></p><p><font size="2">I consider myself an authority on this very important subject matter. I&nbsp;spent 8 years working and thinking of this solution, so an everyday person would have an opportunity to journey to SPACE.&nbsp; Do you realize how important it is for the advancement of the Space Tourism Industry to have a national program whereby and everyday person has an opportunity to journey to SPACE?</font></p><p><font size="2">Many have said the NewSpace Industry will supersede that of the airline industry in many years to come. The only problem has been there is NO national/international community-based Space Tourism contest that has been reported by SPACE.COM or any other aerospace/aviation news/website.&nbsp; Do you realize what would happen to the Space Tourism Industry virtually overnight IF there were such a project?</font></p><p><font size="2"><strong>The question is what are&nbsp;WE going to do about this PROBLEM and what are WE going to tell our children this evening about their future in SPACE?</strong></font></p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

spacester

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>May I be first to add to this post?I consider myself an authority on this very important subject matter. I&nbsp;spent 8 years working and thinking of this solution, so an everyday person would have an opportunity to journey to SPACE.&nbsp; Do you realize how important it is for the advancement of the Space Tourism Industry to have a national program whereby and everyday person has an opportunity to journey to SPACE?Many have said the NewSpace Industry will supersede that of the airline industry in many years to come. The only problem has been there is NO national/international community-based Space Tourism contest that has been reported by SPACE.COM or any other aerospace/aviation news/website.&nbsp; Do you realize what would happen to the Space Tourism Industry virtually overnight IF there were such a project?The question is what are&nbsp;WE going to do about this PROBLEM and what are WE going to tell our children this evening about their future in SPACE?&nbsp; <br /> Posted by space4all</DIV></p><p>You have my attention, my sincere interest, and most likely my support. Please continue.</p><p>Hopefully others will join us. Hard to say. This is perhaps not the best place to find future-think type people, surprisingly. Hopefully I'm wrong about that.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

danhezee

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>May I be first to add to this post?I consider myself an authority on this very important subject matter. I&nbsp;spent 8 years working and thinking of this solution, so an everyday person would have an opportunity to journey to SPACE.&nbsp; Do you realize how important it is for the advancement of the Space Tourism Industry to have a national program whereby and everyday person has an opportunity to journey to SPACE?Many have said the NewSpace Industry will supersede that of the airline industry in many years to come. The only problem has been there is NO national/international community-based Space Tourism contest that has been reported by SPACE.COM or any other aerospace/aviation news/website.&nbsp; Do you realize what would happen to the Space Tourism Industry virtually overnight IF there were such a project?The question is what are&nbsp;WE going to do about this PROBLEM and what are WE going to tell our children this evening about their future in SPACE?&nbsp; <br /> Posted by space4all</DIV></p><p><span style="font-size:small" class="Apple-style-span">Can you give us an idea of your solution is? I think that would be a great place to start debating. &nbsp;and could you define "everyday person/people". &nbsp;i.e., yearly income levels. &nbsp;</span></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

space4all

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Can you give us an idea of your solution is? I think that would be a great place to start debating. &nbsp;and could you define "everyday person/people". &nbsp;i.e., yearly income levels. &nbsp; <br />Posted by danhezee</DIV></p><p><font size="2"><font face="Arial">The media has stated over a 1,000+ times that space tourism is only for the&nbsp;weathly and the ordinary person whom I consider to be an "everyday&nbsp;person"&nbsp;is missing out - until the prices come down for the sub-orbital space flights.&nbsp;&nbsp;</font></font><font size="2"><font face="Arial">&nbsp;It is like the "traditional system" is saying "this is how we have done it for years... and get use to it."&nbsp; I personally do NOT agree with that and believe that innovation can solve that problem.</font></font></p><p><font size="2"><font face="Arial">Over the past 8 years, I have rigorously examined sweepstakes, raffles, lotteries, Internet gambling/contest paid gaming so an ordinary person would have an opportunity to participate in the MOST expensive tourism on this planet.&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes, I did once own a space tourism lottery but that ended when STS-107 Columbia disintegrated and then the Patriot Act&rsquo;s was put into law, with the additional provision of making Internet gambling illegal in the USA. That law completely wiped-out the space tourism lottery and any form of Internet gaming to win space tourism prizes.&nbsp; </font></font></p><p><font size="2"><font face="Arial">Do you believe that if ALL work together by playing the same game by the same rules then we can spread the wealth?&nbsp; </font></font></p><p><font size="2"><font face="Arial">Last month, I approached&nbsp;the prestigious US Space & Rocket Center<strong>&reg; </strong>based in Huntsville, AL.&nbsp; They reviewed my innovative work and granted&nbsp;the license&nbsp;for sending 18 students across the USA and around the world to Space Camp, Space Academy or Advanced Space Academy.&nbsp; A integral part to a&nbsp;community-based space tourism project is you can NOT turn your back to the younger generation and must help students to learn more about STEM and provide that generation with a better future than what we currently have.</font></font></p><p><font size="2"><font face="Arial">We are offering a spread the wealth space tourism contest whereby youth attend the US Space & Rocket Center and adults go to space. </font></font></p><font size="2"><font face="Arial"></font></font><p><font size="2"><font face="Arial">If I&nbsp;publish my website&nbsp;on this forum,&nbsp;will I be&nbsp;removed for spamming?&nbsp; I am&nbsp;here to share what I have learned over the years and how this space tourism contest can help the industry in a very huge fashion.</font></font></p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

spacester

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>The media has stated over a 1,000+ times that space tourism is only for the&nbsp;weathly and the ordinary person whom I consider to be an "everyday&nbsp;person"&nbsp;is missing out - until the prices come down for the sub-orbital space flights.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;It is like the "traditional system" is saying "this is how we have done it for years... and get use to it."&nbsp; I personally do NOT agree with that and believe that innovation can solve that problem.Over the past 8 years, I have rigorously examined sweepstakes, raffles, lotteries, Internet gambling/contest paid gaming so an ordinary person would have an opportunity to participate in the MOST expensive tourism on this planet.&nbsp;&nbsp;Yes, I did once own a space tourism lottery but that ended when STS-107 Columbia disintegrated and then the Patriot Act&rsquo;s was put into law, with the additional provision of making Internet gambling illegal in the USA. That law completely wiped-out the space tourism lottery and any form of Internet gaming to win space tourism prizes.&nbsp; Do you believe that if ALL work together by playing the same game by the same rules then we can spread the wealth?&nbsp; Last month, I approached&nbsp;the prestigious US Space & Rocket Center&reg; based in Huntsville, AL.&nbsp; They reviewed my innovative work and granted&nbsp;the license&nbsp;for sending 18 students across the USA and around the world to Space Camp, Space Academy or Advanced Space Academy.&nbsp; A integral part to a&nbsp;community-based space tourism project is you can NOT turn your back to the younger generation and must help students to learn more about STEM and provide that generation with a better future than what we currently have.We are offering a spread the wealth space tourism contest whereby youth attend the US Space & Rocket Center and adults go to space. If I&nbsp;publish my website&nbsp;on this forum,&nbsp;will I be&nbsp;removed for spamming?&nbsp; I am&nbsp;here to share what I have learned over the years and how this space tourism contest can help the industry in a very huge fashion.&nbsp; <br /> Posted by space4all</DIV></p><p>Interesting. Indeed, the lottery/ raffle/sweepstakes idea surfaces on a regular basis, but rarely do I see it raised by one who readily admits that it is a very tough nut to crack. You've earned credibility for that. Gaming is the obvious path, but exactly how is beyond me. (Problem one is that I'm not a gamer, at all. Ms. Pac Man and Galaga, lol, but other than that, almost none.) </p><p>Have you advanced to the stage where lawyers have had a chance to review it?</p><p>STEM = ?</p><p>Please continue.</p><p>You may not get a response to your query on publishing a link to your site. Very polite and wise of you to ask first, but I don't think the PTB read threads like this. They are strange about that here, they do not think like most people do about the Internet and link sharing. Try the User Talkback forum or the 'contact us' link.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

D

danhezee

<span style="font-size:small" class="Apple-style-span">I dont think you will. &nbsp;Go ahead and try :p. &nbsp;The mods will warn you if they think it is spam.</span> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

space4all

<p><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana">Yes, many gaming attorneys have reviewed my work. I was even an invited&nbsp;guest speaker at the ISDC and spoke on the Space Tourism Lottery many years ago. The Space Tourism Contest is based on what a previous Florida Attorney General stated about what constitutes a game/contest from being legal.&nbsp;Florida like New York has some of the most stringent gaming laws in the nation!&nbsp; If you pass "inspection" in Florida then no Attorney General in any other state will ask for a <span style="font-family:Verdana">cease and desist.</span></span></p><p><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana"></span><strong><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana"><font color="#008000">This space tourism project is based on "giving back".&nbsp; It has been cleverly designed to be implemented into ever community in the USA and into many countries.&nbsp; It has the following "ingredients" that are necessary for sustaining an on going Space Tourism Contest within every state in the USA.</font></span></strong></p><p><strong></strong><strong><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana">The Space Tourism Project MUST have the following:</span></strong></p><p><strong></strong><strong><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana">1.&nbsp; It must offer to students from age group 9 - 18 an opportunity to learn more about (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.&nbsp; To engage the student you must offer a prize that is realistic in achieving.&nbsp; The prizes we are offering are from the US Space & Rocket Center based in Huntsville, Alabama.</span></strong></p><p><strong></strong><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana"><strong>2.</strong> The Space Tourism Contest must provide a realistic opportunity for the person over age 18 to win a variety of space tourism (low cost prizes) such as a two-day sub-orbital spaceflight launch experience at the National AeroSpace Training&nbsp;and Research Center (NASTAR Center).&nbsp; This prize is valued at less than $6,000.&nbsp; This prize MUST be offered as a SPONSORED Prize and NO money collected from the sale of the "tickets" can be applied.&nbsp; Therefore, you must now offer that Sponsor something of greater value so there will be willingness for sponsorship participation.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana"><strong>3.</strong> The money collected MUST be managed by a third party and not by the organization offering the Space Tourism Contest.&nbsp; We have established a secure method on how to INSURE that the funds collected are allocated to "giving back".&nbsp; </span></p><p><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana"><strong>4.</strong>&nbsp; The Space Tourism Contest must incorporate&nbsp;K-12 schools, colleges/universities, area businesses, civic groups, charitable groups and the area media.&nbsp; </span></p><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana"><strong>5.</strong>&nbsp; The bottom line is,&nbsp;there can NOT be a winner(s) determined based on chance.&nbsp; The winner(s) must be based on a competitive skill and the proceeds again can NOT be used to acquire the prize.</span><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana"><strong>6.</strong>&nbsp; The competitive Space Tourism Contest must be achievable to the everyday person whereby everybody has an equal opportunity.</span> <p><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana"><strong>7.</strong>&nbsp; There must be superior technology able to handle millions of participants.&nbsp; This technologgy must be incorportaed into the social Internet websites (like MySpace and Facebook). The corporate structure will began as a for-profit but must be working to become a registered&nbsp;non-profit 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization.&nbsp; </span></p><p><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana">If you are wanting to learn more and go visit the site, then do this search with Google and use the quotes within the search.&nbsp;&nbsp; "Space Tourism Contest"&nbsp; "Space Camp" </span></p><p><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana">My name is also Tony Webb if you do a search for "Carl Sagan and Tony Webb" you will have no problem to read my business&nbsp;background history.&nbsp; Very truly, I am just a simple person who reached for the stars, but did it to help others so they can make that special journey.&nbsp; My business background has been ALWAYS based on giving back and helping our youth and communities.</span></p><p><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana">Signed,</span></p><p><span style="font-size:7.5pt;font-family:Verdana">Tony Webb</span></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.