superluminal recession vs gravitational propagation speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R1

it appears that stuff beyond the observalbe universe is receding<br />superluminally. <br /><br />If I told you speeds above C are possible and really did occur,<br /><br />is it becoming safer to think that gravitational propagation speed limits<br />are not so constant either? <br />this seems crazy, but let's say that scientist #1 is outside our observable universe<br /><br />now, since he is travelling faster than the speed of light away from us,<br />didn't his planet and sun, etc, take their respective gravity wells with them?<br /><br />(So then theres no gravity whatsoever yet in the dark regions 'ahead' of their direction of travel?<br /> is this a way to approach a black hole without falling into it ?<br /><br />did the stuff outside the observable universe leave a trail of light and<br />gravity that is trying to catch up to them and is potentially still here<br />I mean in our local reality in our observable universe? <br /><br /><br /> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

S

Saiph

what if I told you stuff inside the observable universe is receeding at superluminal speeds due to the hubble flow?<br /><br />Put in "Big Bang Misconceptions" into google, the first link should be a scientific american article outlining it.<br /><br />the bit that pertains to this thread is: http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=0009F0CA-C523-1213-852383414B7F0147&pageNumber=3&catID=2<br /><br />I really need to remember how to condense those using ubb code. That's just an ugly URL <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p align="center"><font color="#c0c0c0"><br /></font></p><p align="center"><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">--------</font></em></font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">----</font></em></font><font color="#666699">SaiphMOD@gmail.com </font><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">-------------------</font></em></font></p><p><font color="#999999"><em><font size="1">"This is my Timey Wimey Detector.  Goes "bing" when there's stuff.  It also fries eggs at 30 paces, wether you want it to or not actually.  I've learned to stay away from hens: It's not pretty when they blow" -- </font></em></font><font size="1" color="#999999">The Tenth Doctor, "Blink"</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts