Taking pics of satellites

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marc70

<p>Has anyone ever been able to take a pic of a satellite from their telescope, and see some details of said satellite?</p><p>I think this would be neat.</p><p>Newbie here.</p><p>Marc70 </p>

M

MeteorWayne

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>Has anyone ever been able to take a pic of a satellite from their telescope, and see some details of said satellite?I think this would be neat.Newbie here.Marc70 <br />Posted by Marc70</DIV></p><p>Welcome to Space.com!!<br /><br />The only objects that are big enough to show detail are the ISS and the Shuttle. I believe there are a few examples in the Astrophotography forum, and a web search will turn up quite a few more.</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#000080"><em><font color="#000000">But the Krell forgot one thing John. Monsters. Monsters from the Id.</font></em> </font></p><p><font color="#000080">I really, really, really, really miss the "first unread post" function</font><font color="#000080"> </font></p> </div>

A

AstroHurricane001

I have been able to catch the ISS through my telescope, but I don't have the nessecary equipment to take a picture of it. People have succeded in taking pics and videos of the ISS but it's very difficult since it moves so quickly. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

AstroHurricane001

Also, it's a bit easier to take a picture from a camera mounted on top of the telescope than through it. I once tried to capture an image of a mag. -8 iridium flare from a camera mounted on my telescope, but was unsuccessful. I pointed the telescope (and the camera) too high, and missed the flare, but I did get a good shot of the Summer Triangle! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.