tasha9503

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Boris_Badenov

tasha9503 <br /><br /> I'm not sure what to make of these guys. They are either "pie in the sky" or just your average scam artists. I simply cannot believe that anything like this can go any further than someones imagination for the next 50 years at least. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font color="#993300"><span class="body"><font size="2" color="#3366ff"><div align="center">. </div><div align="center">Never roll in the mud with a pig. You'll both get dirty & the pig likes it.</div></font></span></font> </div>

Q

qso1

While the proposal is not a bad one, it is lacking as far as credible detail.<br /><br />To start with, they do not seem to have much detailed knowledge of how spacecraft are built. This is in evidence by one statement where they mention moulding a heatshield between it, and the rocket as though a heat shield is installed after the craft and rocket are mated.<br /><br />Competent engineering starts with good written communication of the concept which is so far not in evidence here. Further down comes another, I quote "The spinning portion will be one of our gyroscopes as well as produce our centrifuge". What does that mean? I assume its a way of saying artificial gravity will be provided but saying a gyroscope will produce our centrifuge just fails to communicate this in terms designers and engineers can relate to.<br /><br />The floor illustrations point out another flaw. A profitable space hotel will have to be as design conscious as its possible to get. I see a lot of wasted space in this plan simply because it appears to largely be built like an earth based hotel. The stairway for instance...a lot of space could be freed up by using a wall mounted ladder type system rather than an angled stairway. But then again, the illustrations are pretty simplistic. A lot of space with nothing in it or more wasted space. The wasted space could be eliminated by making the hotel smaller which in turn means easier and less costly to assemble on orbit.<br /><br />The major flaw is in the gravity spin which is illustrated on the outer view. I don't know what the diameter of the craft is supposed to be. I do know that to get 1G, one must rotate no more than 1-2 RPM. Anything above that will likely induce problems in human vestibular systems. To achieve 1-2 RPM, the diameter of the craft has to be about a mile, there is a mathematical formula I don't have handy that is used to calc artificial gravity generation. Better known as centripetally generated gravity. This craft looks nowhere near <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><strong>My borrowed quote for the time being:</strong></p><p><em>There are three kinds of people in life. Those who make it happen, those who watch it happen...and those who do not know what happened.</em></p> </div>

T

trevorhmcooper

We started slow, having a hard luck life's story, but we are read to show you what we see, again.
Search YouTube Tasha9503 APlaceInSpaceToPlay
or type in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivHAO96FIiw
The funds are not available at this time but all the technology and ability is.

Status
Not open for further replies.