Telescope hunting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

science_man

My birthday is coming up on July 22 and im looking for a telescope. Can you please help me out. What telescope is the most inexpencive and has good performance to see stars and the moon close up.

S

science_man

hmm.. I might get the SkyQuest™ XT4.5 Classic Dobsonian Reflector

P

petepan

Not having seen the 'specs for the 'scope you mentioned, i would still recommend, if your funds allow it, go for a 6 inch dob. I have been using a Tasco 4.5 inch reflector for quite a while now and recently my daughter actually won a 6" dob at a star party. I have to tell you, the difference in 'seeing' was outstanding IMHO. <br /><br />Go for the largest aperture you can afford!<br /><br />Cheers

D

dkaakd

Before you spend your (parents) hard earned $$$. Go to a couple of local star parites and see how different scopes perform. If you are like me you will want the biggest one there, but you might find that you know you don't want the one you can really afford.<br /><br />The worst telescope made is the one you buy and never use.<br /><br />Just something to think about.<br /><br />BTW-Happy Birthday

B

brandbll

What about the one you buy off Ebay that breaks a month later? <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font size="3">You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts