Terminator: Salvation focus group trailer: a summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

<p>The <strong>Terminator: Salvation</strong> trailer is being played for focus groups and a confirmed summary has appeared.&nbsp; The "reporters" opinion: <strong>WOW!!</strong></p><p><strong>Kate Connor (Johns wife):</strong> Bryce Dallas Howard (Ron's daughter)<br /><strong>Kyle Reese (Johns father:</strong> Anton Yelchin</p><p><strong>Quote:</strong><br /><br />It opens with footage of a crowd going about their daily business.<br /><br /><strong>Voiceover:</strong> Christian Bale<br /><br /><strong><font color="#0000ff">"I always knew it would happen"</font></strong><br /><br /><strong><font color="#0000ff">"They told me I could stop it"</font></strong><br /><br />The same crowd looks up at the sky....<br /><br /><strong><font color="#0000ff">"That I could save us"</font></strong><br /><br />Looks of terror appear on their faces as Bale says,<br /><br /><strong><font color="#0000ff">"They were wrong"</font></strong><br /><br />Music rises and the screen fades to black, then the Terminator theme starts.<br /><br /><font color="#0000ff"><strong>NEXT SUMMER</strong></font> appears on the screen....<br /><br />We get a quick shot looking out over a desert, then a shot of Bale in a commando uniform being lowered into a huge bunker full of weapons.<br /><br /><strong><font color="#0000ff">THE FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE</font></strong> marquees across the screen. <br /><br />Now come several cuts inside a bunker like those in Terminator 1 with shots of Bale walking with a crowd. Next comes....<br /><br /><strong><font color="#0000ff">BEGINS</font></strong><br /><br />The music rises and we see cuts of a huge truck racing along a road, several shots of a gunship and close-ups of the the cast, then Bale says <br /><br /><font color="#0000ff"><strong>"They're coming",</strong></font> and it goes silent.<br /><br />Next comes the usual drum prelude (dah-dah-dah--da-da) and the Terminator theme (very loud). <br /><br />A large metallic sliver "T" appears, then it morphs into a "4"<br /><br />Now the payoff; Bale and woman, I'd presume his wife Kate, blasting like a bat out of hell&nbsp;on a motorcycle. They drive through a warehouse door followed by a wheeled Terminator smashing through the warehouses wall.<br /><br /><font color="#0000ff"><strong>"Memorial Day 2009"</strong></font> and that's it.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p>Interesting.&nbsp; I look forward to it.&nbsp; I haven't seen the last one though. :)&nbsp; I was sort of turned off for some reason and just never bothered with it.</p><p>Apparently, only three people know the ending to the story in Salvation: http://rss.warnerbros.com/terminatorsalvation/ </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

D

docm

<font size="3">It's a non-ending: apparently Bale is signed for a trilogy.</font> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>It's a non-ending: apparently Bale is signed for a trilogy. Posted by docm</DIV></p><p>Ah, a trilogy.&nbsp; Interesting.&nbsp; Well, I didn't see the last one and judging by what snippets I've seen here and there, it doesn't look very interesting.&nbsp; I think I'll skip it and wait for Salvation.</p><p>Another trilogy... I wonder if they're going to merchandise milk it to death or if it will actually have something in it like "story" instead of special effects.&nbsp; At least it doesn't look like Arnie is going to be in it.&nbsp; I liked him in the first one but I think they made him ham it up a bit too much in the second. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts