The 6th Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leovinus

Spoiler Alert.<br /><br /><br />My wife and I saw this a while ago. But we rented it again over the weekend and enjoyed it all over again. But my wife pointed out something which I think is totally inconsequential, but I wanted your opinion.<br /><br />Near the end of the movie, the 84% clone is forced to jump onto a glass ceiling by the remote-controlled helicopter's blades. At first, the clone thinks that he has made a successful jump but then the glass cracks like thin ice and he falls through to his death. <br /><br />My wife says that this glass would be tougher than that and wouldn't shatter. I would have to agree with that, but I felt it was unimportant. <br /><br />I enjoyed the movie, but I felt like the concept of "living forever" didn't quite ring true. I don't care if a clone has my mind when I die -- I'm still dead. This is not like a Star Trek transporter where you disappear in one body and reappear in another one. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

W

wmdragon

hey, put some SPOILER warning there! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#993366"><em>The only laws of matter are those which our minds must fabricate, and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter.</em> <br /> --- James Clerk Maxwell</font></p> </div>

L

Leovinus

For goodness sake: This is a 5-year old movie. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

R

rhodan

I haven't seen it yet. Is that the one where Schwarzenegger blows up Satan?

L

Leovinus

No. It's about cloning. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

W

wmdragon

I havent seen it either. I dont plan on renting it, so no loss for me in this case, but I do rent old movies now and then. sometimes <i>very</i> old movies. IMO spoiler alerts should preface all movie revelations, except for classics or known stories (Star Wars, Soylent Green, Titanic) <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#993366"><em>The only laws of matter are those which our minds must fabricate, and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter.</em> <br /> --- James Clerk Maxwell</font></p> </div>

L

Leovinus

Spoiler alert:<br /><br />I rented "To Catch A Thief" yesterday. Loved the movie except I hated the gold dress. <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> </div>

W

wmdragon

there is a gold dress?! now you ruined it for me! <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><font color="#993366"><em>The only laws of matter are those which our minds must fabricate, and the only laws of mind are fabricated for it by matter.</em> <br /> --- James Clerk Maxwell</font></p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts