The 'BASIC' simple premise of a highly theoretical quantum mechanical process which might allow us to fold space.

Author: Quantum Pythagoras Newtonian amateur theorist.

Technically speaking it takes quite a few paragraphs of all kinds of quantum based dimensional theory to completely & thoroughly explain what it is that I theorize about the process of folding space. However there is a way to bypass all of this needed scientific theory by using numbers. So now I want you to imagine that the number 1 is a finality & as a finality I want you to imagine that it has 3 parts. In that I want you to imagine it has a beginning, an end & its length of distribution, or as I like to call it, its 'Size Level Magnitude of Being 1'. At the same time though I want you to imagine that when 2 of these 1s add together through the action of union or unseparation they not only do so by linking their beginnings & ends to each other but I also want you to imagine that when this happens they become identified as being linked to each other. So now I want you to imagine that you not only have 100 of these 1s all added together to construct a chain of 1s but I also want you to imagine that each 1 has a count number from the beginning of the chain & that its count number is its identity in the chain, kind of like in a meter stick. In turn I want you to imagine that you were at location 27 in our chain of 1s and that you wanted to get to location 72 in our chain of 1s but you didn't want to have to travel the distance of all of the 1s in between. Well one way that you might be able to do is by identifying the end of 27 one to the beginning of 72 one while simultaneously identifying the beginning of 28 one to the end of 71 one & then move to 72 one & then put everything back to the way that it was*. In other words what I'm trying to say here is this. If the fabric of our space dimension is constructed by a bunch of tiny little space dimensions all added together through the action of union or unseparation to construct a larger space dimension & if the way that they add together includes them being 'Dimensionally Dynamically Linked' to each other & if one of the components of this dimensionally dynamically linking includes them as being 'Quantum Identified' as doing so then it might be possible for us to use this quantum identification system to fold space. Of course how to get matter and or energy/quanta to trigger this is well beyond me. In fact I believe it's going to take a properly trained fully qualified Mathematician, Scientist and or Physicist to figure this one out. The neat thing here is that if folding space can work in this way & if we can get matter and or energy/quanta to do this then we should be able to make something that I call 'Bidirectional' or 'Full Duplex Dimensional Gate Technology'.

(* Technically speaking based on the way that we have our chain of 1's this action should result into our structure of 1s undergoing the action of separation or ununion. However if you could see all of this under the terms of being 3 dimensional or at least 3 dimensional as defined by my own personal theoretical comprehension you would see that this separation or ununion probably wouldn't happen.)

Space is not flat. Space cannot be folded. That is a Science Fiction concept created to allow the characters to arrive at a distant location within a very small fraction of their lifetime. Without it, all SciFi stories would have to take place on one planet, or perhaps the between two closely spaced planets.

Space is not flat. Space cannot be folded. That is a Science Fiction concept created to allow the characters to arrive at a distant location within a very small fraction of their lifetime. Without it, all SciFi stories would have to take place on one planet, or perhaps the between two closely spaced planets.
First of all Mental Avenger where in what I posted did I say space was flat? Second I was using numbers as an analogy to bypass the size & complexity of a much larger theory. Third there is an asterisk note at the bottom of what I wrote which clearly shows that I am thinking about what I said under the terms of being 3 dimensional.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
It is to my understanding that when we humans look out into space we not only see the fabric of our space dimension as being a positive spacial area but we also see it as being a negative energy density. At the same time though I do not believe that our space dimension as 1 whole thing & all at once is caused by a single instance of energy (or quanta). Rather I believe that as 1 whole thing & all at once our space dimension is not only caused by multiple different instances of energy(or quanta) all in the exact same quantum state of being as a space dimension. But I also believe that all of the tiny space dimensions which arise from all of these different instances of energy in the exact same quantum state of being bind together by being dimensionally dynamically linked to their 6 neighbors so as to cause the physical spacial area of the fabric of our space dimension to be continuous. At the same time though & as an object which is directly caused by energy I not only believe that our space dimension is a quantum object but I also believe that it is chalked full of all kinds of quantum physics and or mechanics & all kinds of quantum information. So now Mental Avenger what is your thoughts & ideas on how energy causes our space dimension?

First of all Mental Avenger where in what I posted did I say space was flat? Second I was using numbers as an analogy to bypass the size & complexity of a much larger theory. Third there is an asterisk note at the bottom of what I wrote which clearly shows that I am thinking about what I said under the terms of being 3 dimensional.
It could only be folded if it is flat, like the 2d misrepresentations so often seen. If it is not flat, it cannot be folded. That should be obvious.

It could only be folded if it is flat, like the 2d misrepresentations so often seen. If it is not flat, it cannot be folded. That should be obvious.
It is to my understanding that when we humans look out into space we not only see the fabric of our space dimension as being a positive spacial area but we also see it as being a negative energy density. At the same time though I do not believe that our space dimension as 1 whole thing & all at once is caused by a single instance of energy (or quanta). Rather I believe that as 1 whole thing & all at once our space dimension is not only caused by multiple different instances of energy(or quanta) all in the exact same quantum state of being as a space dimension. But I also believe that all of the tiny space dimensions which arise from all of these different instances of energy in the exact same quantum state of being bind together by being dimensionally dynamically linked to their 6 neighbors so as to cause the physical spacial area of the fabric of our space dimension to be continuous. At the same time though & as an object which is directly caused by energy I not only believe that our space dimension is a quantum object but I also believe that it is chalked full of all kinds of quantum physics and or mechanics & all kinds of quantum information. So now Mental Avenger what is your thoughts & ideas on how energy causes our space dimension?
So now I want you to imagine that you not only have 100 of these 1s all added together to construct a chain of 1s but I also want you to imagine that each 1 has a count number from the beginning of the chain & that its count number is its identity in the chain, kind of like in a meter stick. In turn I want you to imagine that you were at location 27 in our chain of 1s and that you wanted to get to location 72 in our chain of 1s but you didn't want to have to travel the distance of all of the 1s in between. Well one way that you might be able to do is by identifying the end of 27 one to the beginning of 72 one while simultaneously identifying the beginning of 28 one to the end of 71 one & then move to 72 one & then put everything back to the way that it was*. In other words what I'm trying to say here is this. If the fabric of our space dimension is constructed by a bunch of tiny little space dimensions all added together through the action of union or unseparation to construct a larger space dimension & if the way that they add together includes them being 'Dimensionally Dynamically Linked' to each other & if one of the components of this dimensionally dynamically linking includes them as being 'Quantum Identified' as doing so then it might be possible for us to use this quantum identification system to fold space.
What I am describing here is a highly theoretical quantum mechanical process which should allow matter and or electromagnetic radiation moving through the continuous spacial area of a discreetly constructed space dimension to hit a point/boundary in which it can jump a great distance without having to travel the distance in between. And yes this process will give the appearance that space is folded, as if you did what I am describing in between Earth & the Sun the Sun would appear to be closer to the Earth.

Reactions: Truthseeker007
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site

If you haven't noticed by now Science Fiction usually becomes Science fact. How do you even know what space is or isn't if you have never been to it?

Reactions: Catastrophe
Dec 11, 2019
Visit site

He just wants to make you into a flat earther that's all. If it isn't something they believe your automatically a flat earther in their book.lol! I guess now your a flat spacer. :D

Space is not flat. That is where gravity comes from in Einstein's equations. Every large mass concentration curves it locally. As to whether space can be folded, we simply don't know. We might be able to do it someday or not. I suspect your aversion to folding space comes from a tendency to model space as two dimensions on a sheet of paper. Real folded space would be more likely modeled on a Kline bottle. Or not.

We have learned over the last twenty or so years that it is indeed possible to warp space. A very large space warp could be viewed as a folded space. Oh, and incidentally, an improper fold in space results in time travel. Physicsts almost universally deny that will ever be possible, but the math says it can be done.

In the past, when eminent physicists said something was impossible that the math said was, it wasn't the mathematics that was wrong. Examples include heavier than air craft, bumble bees flying, supersonic flight and nuclear energy (literally energy from nothing in the view of the late 1800's.)

So you shouldn't categorically say a thing is impossible. Experts can though say that doing things a certain way won't work. Beyond that, well, we don't know everything yet. Much we do every day was once considered impossible. That doesn't appear to be stopping any time soon.

But, I would like to see working models of these proposed miracle transportation systems. So far, the UFO engines from the enthusiasts (Swirling mercury and so forth, as well as rotation superconductors and such) all have one thing in common. They don't work.

So I won't say it can't be done, but please, show me a working system. Until then, it's just a theory. Theories are a dime a dozen. Theories backed up by evidence are called Science. Science works. Give me something that works.

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
A tube is 3-dimensionql (or let's just assume that for the moment) and you can bend a tube and drill through to join two portions;

That does NOT mean that you can take a shortcut from one part or a tube to another except just that - from one part of a good old earthly tube to another.

It does NOT mean that you can use a simple model to PROVE a complex fact. It does not mean that that you can prove anything whatsoever by taking a simple everyday object - bending it, twisting it, writing a novel on its surface, naming a law after it - anything - likening it to space-time or a bunch of carrots - no matter how many billion words of garbage anyone writes about it.

P.S. The "you" does not refer to anyone here. You can substitute "one" if you wish.

Cat

... Science Fiction usually becomes Science fact. ...
Properly that should be rendered as "Sometimes some Science Fiction becomes science fact." It's actually a rather small portion of science fiction that turns out to be true or somewhat akin to what does turn out to the true. Most does not. Science Fiction ranges from imaginative speculation by scientists all the way over to overt fantasy. You have to be careful what you pick.
As to whether the person you responded to has ever been to space. Well, space imprecisely speaking is anything off Earth or any other planet, but space absolutely speaking includes all space, so the surface of earth here is really just a special case of space. So whoever it was, yes, he is in fact in space. So are you and I, and so is everybody else who ever was or is.
But being here doesn't mean we understand it.

Reactions: Catastrophe

Catastrophe

"Science begets knowledge, opinion ignorance.
"The 'BASIC' simple premise of a highly theoretical quantum mechanical process which might allow us to fold space."

Seems a bit to me like taking on a massive chain of assumptions and weaving a somewhat incomprehensible web of artifice to arrive at (errrrr . . . . . . did I say arrive?) well, to wobble around some sort of predestined conclusion.

There again, it could just be my ignorance :rolleyes:

Reactions: YetAnotherBob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts