The Best Telescopes

My experience, folks become very frustrated at telescopes and using them. For various models on the market today, finding a target and viewing it in the eyepiece is a real problem, including the purchase price. I hear reports from parents with their children and telescopes they purchased, observing is given up, chiefly because they find it too difficult to locate a target, cheaper eyepieces give cheaper views, and the price range for much of the equipment today.

Wolfshadw

@rod

I can't really argue with that comment, but I think it's more of a lack of change.

I've had a couple small and simple telescopes over the years, and really, the only things I could observe were the moon a few planets. Best telescope I ever owned was barely able to make out Saturn's rings. Neighborhood kids found it exciting (and so did I the first time), but how many times do you want to just look at the moon, or see Jupiter and it's four major moons? Anything more than that is a considerable investment and given my current living circumstances; urban/suburban with too much light pollution, a waste of money

Unfortunate to the casual observer, the Universe simply doesn't (typically or significantly) change in the time frame of human patience. By the time something significant does come along, most casual observers have since lost interest in such things.

-Wolf sends

Latest posts