the big bang theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vimto

ladies and gentlemen what is your take on the my thinking below.

the super massive black wholes in the center of every galaxy will grow so massive and marge with other galaxies forcing the universe to collapse on the weight of the the final super super black whole.

wait for the coming big bang in trillion year to come

M

MeteorWayne

Wrong on several counts. The sizes of the black holes at galactic centers seem to be self limiting; i.e. they grow to a certain size compared to the mass of the galaxy, and basically stop growing.

Second, galaxy mergers are related to the mass of the entire galaxies, not of the black hole at the center.
A black hole doesn't magically create more mass, it can only absorb it from the galaxy itself.

Third, the Universe is expanding at a very high rate, so galaxy clusters are moving away from each other; hence they will never merge. They already hace as much gravity as they will ever have, and are still moving apart.

Finally, please take some time to read the existing topics before starting a new one. There are dozens of big bang theory threads out here; there really wasn't a need to start yet another one.

Welcome to Space.com

Wayne

M

michaelmozina

vimto":2owucgfm said:
ladies and gentlemen what is your take on the my thinking below.

the super massive black wholes in the center of every galaxy will grow so massive and marge with other galaxies forcing the universe to collapse on the weight of the the final super super black whole.

wait for the coming big bang in trillion year to come

Welcome to the board!

As Wayne already noted, the overall mass of the galaxies will not change simply by virtue of the black holes swallowing all the mass in the galaxy. The momentum of expansion seems to be such that gravitational attraction between galaxies will not stop the expansion process so even if all the mass of the various galaxies ends up in the central black hole, it would not stop the expansion process.

G

godsrockgirl777

that sounds possible but if the universe is expanding at a faster rate than the black holes are consuming matter then the black holes will always have something to consume. Like i said its just an if im not actually sure.

K

kg

MeteorWayne":ii0xw4e3 said:
Wrong on several counts. The sizes of the black holes at galactic centers seem to be self limiting; i.e. they grow to a certain size compared to the mass of the galaxy, and basically stop growing....
Wayne

Vimto is talking about a black "whole" which would certainly encompass everything...so, er....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts