Votes: 1 20.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmazaredo

This subject on the website got my attention http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/b ... 30306.html

The theory is possible that all will be gone in the end since it is moving and it will move faster and faster. But if the space is has its frame-dragging and geodetic effect (as i read from time to time see examples, just guessing ;) ) they will just collide with each other and will blow up create another matter and so on.

Did I get it right? Need some enlightenment ( for an average man to understand ) :lol:

Thanks!

B

bdewoody

I voted no since I still don't know what you were asking.

J

jmazaredo

bdewoody":3b7xbtzk said:
I voted no since I still don't know what you were asking.

pardon me im new at this. Am I right to my summary that they will just toss each other since time and space bends or that article is that all will be gone and be burned up to the point they don't exist and universe is an empty space.

R

ramparts

Your question is extremely unclear. Some of your sentences aren't well-formed and you're making references to things without telling us what they are, so it's hard to understand what you're asking. To begin with, what do you mean by "they"? Can you explain your question in a little more detail with a little more clarity?

J

jmazaredo

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/b ... 30306.html

A rather harrowing new theory about the death of the universe paints a picture of "phantom energy" ripping apart galaxies, stars, planets and eventually every speck of matter in a fantastical end to time.

The question Caldwell and his colleagues posed is, what would happen if the rate of acceleration increased?

Their answer is that the eventual, phenomenal pace would overwhelm the normal, trusted effects of gravity right down to the local level. Even the nuclear forces that bind things in the subatomic world will cease to be effective.

"The expansion becomes so fast that it literally rips apart all bound objects," Caldwell explained in a telephone interview. "It rips apart clusters of galaxies. It rips apart stars. It rips apart planets and solar systems. And it eventually rips apart all matter."

What will happen if this theory is correct? Increase in speed. Also another theory hyperspace. If they are so fast they will go hyperspace and collide each other not ending in cease to be effective but blowing like crazy new years eve. Is this possible? the universe will be very bright and spontaneous combustion?

O

origin

jmazaredo":11pndhjq said:
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/big_rip_030306.html

A rather harrowing new theory about the death of the universe paints a picture of "phantom energy" ripping apart galaxies, stars, planets and eventually every speck of matter in a fantastical end to time.

The question Caldwell and his colleagues posed is, what would happen if the rate of acceleration increased?

Their answer is that the eventual, phenomenal pace would overwhelm the normal, trusted effects of gravity right down to the local level. Even the nuclear forces that bind things in the subatomic world will cease to be effective.

"The expansion becomes so fast that it literally rips apart all bound objects," Caldwell explained in a telephone interview. "It rips apart clusters of galaxies. It rips apart stars. It rips apart planets and solar systems. And it eventually rips apart all matter."

What will happen if this theory is correct? Increase in speed. Also another theory hyperspace. If they are so fast they will go hyperspace and collide each other not ending in cease to be effective but blowing like crazy new years eve. Is this possible? the universe will be very bright and spontaneous combustion?

Now I understand what you are trying to ask. If this theory is correct what they said will happen, will happen.

As far as the other stuff about hyperspace, I cannot make heads or tails of what you are asking - but as far as we know there is no such thing as hyperspace - it is science fiction.

J

jmazaredo

What if wormhole theory is also correct? in that massive speed they will go wormhole to wormhole and collide with each other.

S

SpeedFreek

Simply put..

The "Big-Rip" is what happens if dark energy (which accelerates the rate of expansion of the universe) continually increases in strength, over time. This is known as "phantom" dark energy, and is a form of quintessence. In the end, the rate of expansion becomes so fast that galaxies themselves are ripped apart, then stars, then planets and finally atoms... currently it is considered an outside possibility.

Quintessence is an explanation for the acceleration of the rate of expansion of the universe, where the dark energy varies in strength over time, but doesn't necessarily continually increase. Instead, it undergoes something akin to a phase change when certain conditions prevail in the universe. Quintessence is essentially a variable cosmological constant.

The cosmological constant describes dark energy whose influence remains the same, always. As atoms are not being ripped apart now, they will never be ripped apart due to dark energy. But galactic clusters will increase in distance from each other until nobody can see anything except their own cluster. This is considered a more likely possibility but the jury is still out until we have better data about how the universe is accelerating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts