Status
Not open for further replies.
D

docm

The First Avenger: Captain America

Release Date: July 22, 2011

Shoot starts: July, 2010

Studio: Paramount & Marvel Studios

Director: Joe Johnston (October Sky, Rocketeer, Jumanji; coming: Wolf Man; visual effects Star Wars, Raiders, BSG)

Screenwriters: Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (Chronicles of Narnia series, Live & Death of Peter Sellers [Emmys for writing])

Casting: none that's been made public, but rumors persist that Nathan Fillion is in talks to portray Steve Rogers/Cap.

D

drwayne

I wonder how they will "adapt" Cap's history for the movie.

Wayne

D

docm

They're drawing a lot from the Ultimate Marvel storylines while keeping much of the original canon. Obvious if you really analyze Iron man and Incredible Hulk and very likely to continue. So far, so good I'd say.

As far as Iron Man goes what's happening now is far better than what New Line Studios had in mind for him when they had the rights: Tony's father, Howard Stark, was going to be the baddie in the form of an evil War Machine :p

D

drwayne

Clearly, when a character has been around for a long time, the canon can get somewhat - crowded and confused,
with dubious turns in the character beginning to weight it down. I understand that a "restart" now and again,
can be a good thing for creativity. I am just curious to see what they keep and what they throw away, so I can
whine about it. ;)

S

StarRider1701

I always liked Cap, he was one of my favorites. If memory serves Cap was the first creation of the same Supersoldier project that created Wolverine, and the X-Men movies continued that storyline.

I'm not all that "up" on Cap's origins in the mags, but wasn't Steve Rogers some kind of 4F wimp who volunteered because he wanted to go fight the Nazi's and the military wouldn't take him?

Can't wait to see the movie, so far all the other Marvel movies have stayed fairly true to the comics...
Yes I know they changed some details for various reasons, modernization mostly.

D

drwayne

StarRider1701":yqmxcvqj said:
I always liked Cap, he was one of my favorites. If memory serves Cap was the first creation of the same Supersoldier project that created Wolverine, and the X-Men movies continued that storyline.

I'm not all that "up" on Cap's origins in the mags, but wasn't Steve Rogers some kind of 4F wimp who volunteered because he wanted to go fight the Nazi's and the military wouldn't take him?

Can't wait to see the movie, so far all the other Marvel movies have stayed fairly true to the comics...
Yes I know they changed some details for various reasons, modernization mostly.

Just because he was 4F doesn't make him a wimp. :)

I am not aware of a connection between the programs, but something may have been done recently to connect
them. One key aspect (in the canon) of the treatment that Rodgers underwent was not only the super soldier
serum, but also the "Vita-ray" process that "stabilized" it. I think this part of the process was lost...

D

docm

Logan/Wolverine served in the Devil's Brigade during WW-II where he teamed up with Captain America for a bit. After that he joined Team X where he got false memory implants. Later as part of the Weapon Plus programs Weapon X project he got his adamantium implants. Weapon Plus also worked on Weapon I (primarily Steve Rogers) using the Super-Soldier vaccine.

The Super-Soldier vaccine had nothing to do with with Wolverine as his healing abilities and strength were natural mutations.

It this sounds a lot like the recent Wolverine film that's OK. Much of that came from the 2000-2001 Wolverine comic series "Origin."

A

a_lost_packet_

This is one of the few films I'm actually looking forward to. I was a big fan of Cap. They had better do him justice...

D

drwayne

I know the short lived 1970's TV series did not do him justice.

A

a_lost_packet_

drwayne":3r1oywy5 said:
I know the short lived 1970's TV series did not do him justice.

Neither did the movie. But, at least he got some attention. (IIRC, the movie wasn't terrible as such things go, especially for back then. But, it wasn't great either. :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts