The Live Science forums NEED YOUR HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

schmack

I really enjoy most of the Live Science forums, and lately they have been lacking in attention (I guess mainly due to the new format of log in and post) But we really need you guys to remember to log in and make posts as often as you can at Live Science too. PLEEEEASE!

You even get to use the same loggin as you use here :D BONUS!!! ;)

S

silylene

I also liked the LiveScience forums, and thought they had a valuable role, and participated. Unfortunately the traffic has become very light after they were divorced from the SDC forums. Hopefully they will gain enough critical mass traffic someday?

I am still hopeful that one day Imaginova management will decide we can bring them back into the fold again.

A

Archer17

I've dropped a couple dimes over there. FYI: Either there's a time-limit or inability to edit one's post over there so double-check your post before hitting 'submit.'

S

Smersh

I revived the old "Historic photos" thread there in the History forum, that used to be in the old Uplink "Freespace" section in the Pre-Pluckocene era. I do check the board quite a bit as I really like it as well.

I'd like to see the SDC and Live Science boards amalgamated once more as well, but I get the feeling from other threads here and comments by DH that Imaginova's policy is to keep the two separate.

Pity because at the moment the LS board is like a ghost town. :(

D

doublehelix

Archer17":1lkncr65 said:
I've dropped a couple dimes over there. FYI: Either there's a time-limit or inability to edit one's post over there so double-check your post before hitting 'submit.'

Archer, thank you for bringing this up. I am going to go over there and change that limitation so it matches with the rest of the boards.

-dh

D

drwayne

I am posting some over there as well. As I mentioned in a post over there, it can take a while to get
a "new" board worked into the play rotation - I suspect I will be hanging out over there quite a bit
as time goes on...

Wayne

D

DrRocket

schmack":ybk23kdi said:
I really enjoy most of the Live Science forums, and lately they have been lacking in attention (I guess mainly due to the new format of log in and post) But we really need you guys to remember to log in and make posts as often as you can at Live Science too. PLEEEEASE!

You even get to use the same loggin as you use here :D BONUS!!! ;)

I used to enjoy them. But it is a bit of a hassle to go over there and log in again. The "stay logged in" feature doesn't work, even within the space forums. It seems to be rather random. Sometimes I can stay logged in for a few cycles and sometimes it seems drop me out after a few minutes for no apparent reason. Switching over to Live Science compounds the problem. If the forums were combined with the space forums like they used to be then I would participate. But they are not, and it creates a hassle, so I guess I will take the hint and not go there. Life is too short and there are plenty of other places that make it convenient to participate.

Participation in the SDC forms seems to have dropped off as well. I wonder if it is for the same reason. Perhaps a combination of the log in difficulties and the change to prohibit direct posts of graphics, so that you can't easily insert equations and illustrations from Wiki to support hard science or provide other graphics. Who knows ? I sure don't, but the lack of serioius science is a bit sad.

M

MeteorWayne

The main reason I visit Live Science less is that the "New Posts" feature does not work for me over there. Every time I go, everything shows as new posts, so I can't tell what is new. Sort of like Pluck was :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts