The most distant quasar ever found is hiding a seriously supermassive black hole

My observation. SMBH continue to challenge explaining their origin and formation using BB cosmology. This observation and find based upon BB cosmology demonstrates the early universe was *very energetic* in making stars and SMBH compared to the present where star formation processes and rates slowed down. The present is not the key to the past. The universe had a distinct beginning and is winding down now, not up so is not eternal where new SMBH continue to be cranked out and new star formation goes on and on for infinity. Astronomy does not observe this but the winding down of the universe now. J0313-1806 with z = 7.642 demonstrates this.

Reactions: Helio
Revenge of Halton Arp

A better question is what is the closest Quasar? Quasars appear to be ejected Blackholes which rupture outside of the special conditions found in galactic cores.

Prove me wrong. Show me a blackhole out here in the galactic arms. Blackholes are supposed to be immortal and incapable of being destroyed so why are they not everywhere?

How about galaxies that look like donuts? What happened to their cores?

Reactions: rod
J0313-1806 with z = 7.642 is considered to be some 13 billion light-years distance. Quasars like 3C 273, only about 1.8 billion light-years distance or so. 'A novel method of measuring cosmological distances using broad-line regions of quasars', https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020SciBu..65.1419L/abstract

'A parallax distance to 3C 273 through spectroastrometry and reverberation mapping', https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020NatAs...4..517W/abstract

It is interesting to read these abstracts and arxiv papers attached. 3C 273 indicates H0 = 71.5 km/s/Mpc. The distance measurement of 551.5 Mpc is 1.7988E+9 ly distance from earth. A complete list of QSOs with redshift, distances, and H0 values I have not seen. The more objects found with varying H0 values among quasars, perhaps more difficulties will rise for the cosmological redshift interpretation used in the BB cosmology.

I wonder how many galaxies we see today were once quasars. Was the nascent MW once a little quasar?

I recall when quasars were first mentioned, in the 60's, IIRC. It was such a cool word that we started seeing other things being given that name, including a modern tv, I think. Quasars were enigmatic objects and defied our understanding due to our limited study of them. Blackholes at the center of galaxies were not known then.

The more objects found with varying H0 values among quasars, perhaps more difficulties will rise for the cosmological redshift interpretation used in the BB cosmology.
Given the great logic and success, so far, of the BBT, it's more likely, IMO, that the more accuracy we obtain for those distant objects, the more likely the BBT will be tweaked to produce an even more robust theory than it is today.

Given the great logic and success, so far, of the BBT, it's more likely, IMO, that the more accuracy we obtain for those distant objects, the more likely the BBT will be tweaked to produce an even more robust theory than it is today.
Helio, I like the idea of *tweaking*. I just think when some start tweaking, the model may have more issues than commonly reported :)

Helio, I like the idea of *tweaking*. I just think when some start tweaking, the model may have more issues than commonly reported :)
Yes, that's a possibility with any theory. Einstein "tweaked" Newton's gravity model, but even this didn't really change it as long as gravity gradients and incredible speeds don't affect the decimal points needed.

But the BBT is a story of remarkable success. I'm not sure what other predictions are being tested, but so far, so good.

This isn't true for Inflation theory since it is extremely difficult to test the predictions it makes. It, or something like it, is needed to tweak the early version of the BBT. But the fact that something is needed doesn't falsify the theory, but weakens it. So, the Inflation theory made it that much stronger even if the first model requires tweaking. If another model, however, could compete with BBT, then that could weaken it perhaps.

Latest posts