The Road

• Thread starter starsinmyeyes44
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starsinmyeyes44

<p>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/</p><p>"The world is in ruins after an apocalyptic event that is never described. A father and his son are walking south in an attempt to escape the increasingly cold, endless winter. Along the way they have to avoid gangs of lawless killers. Their only weapon is a pistol with 2 bullets. The father has dreams about his wife, who killed herself before the story begins. On the road to a better place, they encounter cannibals and organized militants, as well as other refugees. At one point they find an intact bomb shelter filled with food and supplies. Rather than remain in this sanctuary, they continue on because they have not yet reached the coast. The only named character they encounter in the entire book is an old man who says his name is Ely." (more at the link)</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><font size="2" color="#0000ff">I first read about this movie this past weekend.&nbsp; I am looking forward to seeing it.&nbsp; Has anyone read the book it is based on?</font></p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p><font color="#ff00ff">In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back.<br /></font><strong>Charlie Brown</strong></p> </div>

A

a_lost_packet_

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/&quot;The world is in ruins after an apocalyptic event that is never described. A father and his son are walking south in an attempt to escape the increasingly cold, endless winter. Along the way they have to avoid gangs of lawless killers. Their only weapon is a pistol with 2 bullets. The father has dreams about his wife, who killed herself before the story begins. On the road to a better place, they encounter cannibals and organized militants, as well as other refugees. At one point they find an intact bomb shelter filled with food and supplies. Rather than remain in this sanctuary, they continue on because they have not yet reached the coast. The only named character they encounter in the entire book is an old man who says his name is Ely." (more at the link)&nbsp;I first read about this movie this past weekend.&nbsp; I am looking forward to seeing it.&nbsp; Has anyone read the book it is based on? <br /> Posted by starsinmyeyes44</DIV></p><p>Cool!</p><p>I haven't read the book but I like the premise a lot.&nbsp; I'll definitely see this. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <font size="1">I put on my robe and wizard hat...</font> </div>

P

PistolPete

<p><BR/>Replying to:<BR/><DIV CLASS='Discussion_PostQuote'>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/&quot;The world is in ruins after an apocalyptic event that is never described. A father and his son are walking south in an attempt to escape the increasingly cold, endless winter. Along the way they have to avoid gangs of lawless killers. Their only weapon is a pistol with 2 bullets. The father has dreams about his wife, who killed herself before the story begins. On the road to a better place, they encounter cannibals and organized militants, as well as other refugees. At one point they find an intact bomb shelter filled with food and supplies. Rather than remain in this sanctuary, they continue on because they have not yet reached the coast. The only named character they encounter in the entire book is an old man who says his name is Ely." (more at the link)&nbsp;I first read about this movie this past weekend.&nbsp; I am looking forward to seeing it.&nbsp; Has anyone read the book it is based on? <br /> Posted by starsinmyeyes44</DIV></p><p>I've read part of the book, but due to mitigating factors, I haven't been able to finish it.&nbsp; The chapters I have read seem very good.&nbsp; It'll make an interesting movie. </p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p> </p><p><em>So, again we are defeated. This victory belongs to the farmers, not us.</em></p><p><strong>-Kambei Shimada from the movie Seven Samurai</strong></p> </div>

C

cosmictraveler

<p>&nbsp;</p><p><font size="4">Wasn't Mad Max kind of like that book in a certain way? Also there were other movies that had similar things going on in them as well like The Postman as I recal. I remember one with an orbiting satellite that had some doomsday missile in it and somehow at the end they fired it off at the earth.&nbsp; </font></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p> <div class="Discussion_UserSignature"> <p>It does not require many words to speak the truth. Chief Joseph</p> </div>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts