The universe might be shaped like a doughnut, not like a pancake, new research suggests

So far, this looks more like "Playing with Mathematics 101" than "explaining observations".

And, that definition of "flat" seems inadequate to determine what most people call "flat", which is a plane, not a cylinder, or a donut. or any other shape where "parallel" straight lines do not intersect each other. My definition of "flat" incudes that lines do not intersect themselves. If they do, then I, and probbly most others, would call it "curved".

And, how would we even recognize an image of our own galaxy from 1 or 2 billion years ago?

Mar 27, 2023
Visit site
I have been waiting for this thing to come up mainstream. This is the truth. We may confirm it in a couple of decades or so. Moving in the right progression of knowledge...Don't ask from where I know this truth...(Many know this)

Feb 19, 2023
Visit site
I think direction has no absolute meaning in this universe. still itconfirms to some rules. Because multiple dimensions more than three can pop up anywere in a spaceregion. Less dimensions also For instance i think the fact we see three dimensions is because of the giant black hole type in the centre of our galaxy. It copies both axis into a third one in a certain way. The quasar is some representation of the third axis. Because we are in it we must see all space outside the 3d region also as 3d, even if it isnt. Its some type of inverted lens. And we cant hold it up foreever that it is. We can't predict dimensionsregions yet. So the universe looks flat because two dimensions are mainstream outside ours. The third one is made up within our galaxy.

Last edited:
I just realized that this article supports the "Flat Earthers".

Specifically, because (these?) mathematicians consider a torus (donut) to be "flat" simply because "parallel" lines on its surface do not intersect, consider a torus that is deformed into a sphere with its central axis compressed into a cylindrical shape with its width so small that it is basically "Planck space" so that we cannot detect it. Still meridians are lines that have zero width, so those could go to say, the north pole, through the central undetectable "hole" to the south pole, then back onto the spherical part of the surface, and never intersect at the poles. Voila, a "flat Earth" that is indistinguishable from the Earth as we see it (at least to the mathematicians that are the subject of this article). At least to them, it is not possible to prove the Earth isn't "flat" by observation.